06 KXF 250 reliability

Im proabably getting a 2006 model bike at the end of next year and wanted to do my research to try and see what i want to get when the time rolls around.

I currently ride a 03 YZF 250 and love it. I wanted to get a CRF 250 but im not to syked about the whole twin pipe deal, plus i saw one and they are the size of an 85.

Suzukis just plain suck.

Im really considering a YZF or KXF. Im leaning towards a KXF but have hear good and bad. Ive seen alot of posts on here about the things blowing up. So is the 06 KXF 250 a reliable bike?

Im looking for a bike that handles the best and that a 6 foot tall rider wouldnt feel cramped on. Ill definately do some more research on both the kxf and yzf all the rest of this year, but if the kxf isnt a reliable bike than i want to rule it out right now.

So can anyone give me an overview of the reliability, how the bike feels and handles, and provide your height and weight.

Thanks for any help.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone of the BLOWN UP threads are not actual problems. No one has ever posted a photos of their 2006 KXF blown up.. So its all BS... Remember, that these are race bikes without warranty, so anything can happen. Kawasaki does stand behind their bikes is something drastic does happen. and these KX250F's RULE for 2006!

ya dude all those ppl saying their KXF's blew up are full of shit..they post and never come back..i smell BS..ive had mine for about 2 months now..and i love it..not a single problem..ive got up it for the winter but when spring rolls around ill be back out there on it..i would never change my bike for anouther one..it just plain out RULES!

I have an 06 kx250f and I love it it has about 30 or 40 haours on it and I have had no trouble. It is by far the best bike I have ever had and is way way better than my old 2003 yz250f! It has way more power and a lot better suspension.

I have an 06 kx250f and I love it it has about 30 or 40 haours on it and I have had no trouble. It is by far the best bike I have ever had and is way way better than my old 2003 yz250f! It has way more power and a lot better suspension.

So youve had an 03 yzf 250? How does the handling compare? Also how does the bike feel in the air and how tall are you?

Thanks

My kxf handles way better than my yzf, but my suspension on the yamaha wasnt very good. I am 5'10 and 145 lbs. and my kxf felt funny in the air at first but I quickly got used to it and my yz feels like a huge brick now! The kxf handles a lot better in turns and dosent want to push to the outside like my yz did. I hope I was helpful.

well yeah thats pretty much Yamahas downside

in a magazine it had a 250f shoot out and yamaha came first kawie second.... it did say that the kawie was made poorly including the welds and it said after testing the bike the seat foam was just flat because its cheap...

i think the magazine was dirt rider or something like that? its had a crf250X on the cover...

You know, I don't mean any disrespect to the guy who started this thread, he seems to be asking legitimate questions for someone who is bike shopping. However, there are a couple others on this thread with questionable acumen at best. They’re certainly not worthy to own the new KX. David Pingree's new factory ride would surely be more than adequate to suit their expertise, something a welding inspector could really appreciate I'm sure. I'm sure he's already checked it out though, he obviously disassembles every bike, X-Rays the frames and provides expert scientific testimony, his impeccable credentials making him the undeniable expert, who’s verity we dare not contradict. :applause:

BTW, we've had no reliablity problems since switching to Kawi in August. Never would have made it this long with our old brand, not even close.

Kevin,

"verity"...nice :bonk:

Your kid is getting down right speedy. Did I also not see him picking his butt up of the ground during one of the early sessons?

Seriously though, he is looking good. I look forward to watching him progress into one of the fast guys coming out of the NW.

He sure makes the decision to go green look like the right one. :applause:

Thanks, we had the shock re-valved yesterday and I think it was set too soft, the first time he blitzed that rhythm section it pogo'd him over the bars. We tried to adjust after that but his knee was too sore to ride, so we packed it up. There's no sign of swelling so hopfully he just bruised it real good.

Yes, we have been very happy with the Kawi, he picked up several seconds per lap at Washougal, the 1st time he rode it.

well i work in the welding/fab and upon studying the welds on different bikes i pretty much found out that they are of poor quality i wouldnt entrust my life to a kawi

Hey welder boy. (motox 2005) i think your full of shit. correct me if im wrong, but honda were the ones that had frame problems that needed to be rewelded in 1997, kawasaki have had no such problems at all. And the KX250F is also classed as one of the better built bikes. dude, in japan, they would put those frames throught 5 times the force that a human could to ensure they wont break, now go back to fixing ur honda. :applause:

I had a 97 CR, a 98 cr and a 99 cr. All three are still being rode by people I know in this town. NO frame trouble, except they vibrate like a Harley. Fill the frame up with that expanding foam, and it makes a huge difference, also it might float now, if you cross a deep creak... LOL.

I am helping to start up a Kawasaki shop here in town, thats why I am here. I am selling my faithfull CRF for a KXF, and looking for info. not bashing, just getting to know a new bike.

SEE YOU LATER.