Sign in to follow this  

CR250 Radiator Shrouds Conversion

Yeah, my friend did it on his 01 CR. Not all of the holes lined up, but enough to keep the plastic on and not have it flap around. Looked pretty cool

im gonna do it on my 01..theres a guy here that has the whole conversion

look through the tt garage and look at everyone who has an 01 cr250..

u have to use an 02+ gas tank and make a special piece for it to mount correctly

here is the bike after i finished it.

V6010144.jpg

and here is a closer shot of the shroud area...

V6010150.jpg

here is the mount i used for the lower rear shroud area. i just used some 3mm sheet C/F laminated together to make it 6mm, and a rear fender t-nut...

V6010075.jpgV6010076.jpg

I see you also have the 02-05 number plates attached too. What was involved in doing that set up?

BTW I love faux C/F mounts you made, they look sharp!

i ended up cutting off the tabs, and welding them a bit lower to line up the panels to the airbox. i think it was about a 1/4 in. difference.

the mounts for the shrouds are REAL carbon fiber... its the 3mm thick sheet, that i scored the mating surface and used a good flexible epoxy to mate the two...any decent car customization shop would carry it. i got this stuff from autobacs over here in japan... :applause:

Real C/F - even better.

Some final questions;

1) did you need to use an 02-05 gas tank or did the 01 suffice?

2) For the rear section, did you use an 02-05 rear fender and airbox to make the number panels fit nicely or where those also 01 parts?

Real C/F - even better.

Some final questions;

1) did you need to use an 02-05 gas tank or did the 01 suffice?

2) For the rear section, did you use an 02-05 rear fender and airbox to make the number panels fit nicely or where those also 01 parts?

yes, you have to use the 02-05 tank to make it work...the way the 02 shrouds lay on the 01 tank isnt right.plus you wouldnt be able to use all of the mounting holes with the 01 tank.

on the rear, i used all 02-05 stuff.i used a 00 airboot on the 02 airbox though, because i am running a pwk carb instead of the tmx.it took a little modification with a dremel and cut of wheel, but now there is zero chance of it leaking in unfiltered air... :applause:

alright cool. what about the new airbox, number plates, rear fender bolting on to the 01 subframe because didn't they change the frame in 02?

here is the bike after i finished it.

V6010144.jpg

and here is a closer shot of the shroud area...

V6010150.jpg

here is the mount i used for the lower rear shroud area. i just used some 3mm sheet C/F laminated together to make it 6mm, and a rear fender t-nut...

V6010075.jpgV6010076.jpg

Sharp! Nice work with the modifications.

Sharp! Nice work with the modifications.

thank you sir... :applause: im cooking up a few more mods to complete the works RC250 copy...mainly just some graphic sourcing and placement...