What is the attraction to singletrack??

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a difference (to me anyways) between both handguards dragging barkbusting barely able to squeeze the width of your bars through the trees track and single track. I love singletrack, not quite wide enough to pass, but wide enough to fly through and have fun. The tracks that are so narrow and windy that you have to ride them in first gear no matter how good you are suck.

There's a difference (to me anyways) between both handguards dragging barkbusting barely able to squeeze the width of your bars through the trees track and single track. I love singletrack, not quite wide enough to pass, but wide enough to fly through and have fun. The tracks that are so narrow and windy that you have to ride them in first gear no matter how good you are suck.

Put it to you this way; I ride them in 1st as do most c riders. The b guys are 1st or second, the a guys 2nd and the guys like Lafferty ride 3rd and 4th. Lafferty does it with stock width bars as well where as mine are cut down to 30. Where Lafferty comes from there are miles and miles of twisty fire cuts that are whooped out surgar sand with trees with a 28 inch gap between them. Try spectating at a south jersey event sometime and watch the top guys do it and you will be amased. I dont particularly care for them either but you ride where you can.

Hi,

Well I have gone tarmac circles with go-karts, saloon race cars, road racing bikes. Dirt tracks with MX-bikes and Endurobikes but I also do Enduro races in the woods. So what is the attraction of singletrack ? same as any other track, beating yourself :applause:

Timo Mc

This thread has been a great read so far. It reminds me of all of the reasons I love riding single track. It is pretty much all I ride. I hit an ocasional MX track with friends, but I would always rather be solo riding single track in the desert and mountains. BTW, I grew up riding woods in Wisconsin but now that I live in Arizona I can't say I like woods as much as weaving through Cactus, over and around house size boulders.

i simply like, to be on a bike.

Last year on a single track, near the french alps, i encountered a wolf. well, that's what the folks down there told me it was. for me it was a big, tall and yellow eyed kind of Husky with no leash and neckless.

In Spain, some years ago on a very tricky down-hill passage, we had to pass a flock of real "Toros".

Every time, when we go to the Vogese-Mountains (east of France), we discover something related to WWI and WWII. Bunkers, spots of shot-down planes, memorials of the resistance. History is alive, when you are out there on a single track.

And - it's the smell of mushrooms, pine-trees and wild-strawberry (except you're folloowing a 2T).

That's to me the fascination of single-track riding, too.

The best thing about racing singletrack is the rush u get when u r at the starting line and by the time u reach the first corner ur heart is pounding.

Yep, the most terrified and alive I have ever felt is the 'funnel' into the singletrack at hare scrambles. Thirty bikes all trying to occupy the same spot at the same time will definitely get your attention. :applause:

Whats there not to like? :applause::bonk:?

TM5.jpg

im_11.jpg

114.jpg

You really do enjoy torturing me dont you? You and I both know that there is nothing close to that in alabama. (Right?) If all singletrack was like that, I think that the motocross tracks would go out of buisness.

i simply like, to be on a bike.

Last year on a single track, near the french alps, i encountered a wolf. well, that's what the folks down there told me it was. for me it was a big, tall and yellow eyed kind of Husky with no leash and neckless.

In Spain, some years ago on a very tricky down-hill passage, we had to pass a flock of real "Toros".

Every time, when we go to the Vogese-Mountains (east of France), we discover something related to WWI and WWII. Bunkers, spots of shot-down planes, memorials of the resistance. History is alive, when you are out there on a single track.

And - it's the smell of mushrooms, pine-trees and wild-strawberry (except you're folloowing a 2T).

That's to me the fascination of single-track riding, too.

Cruising around and seeing the war relics sounds awesome, post some photos if you have any.