06 450 bars, how does it feel for tall riders

do the K - dubs feel like the jimmy button bend on the rethals...

Not sure, it has been years since I have used the Button's. The Windham bend is one of the taller Pro Taper models and has a lot less sweep than the Button's.

Button W 31.77 H 4.33 Sweep 2.63

Windham 32.00 3.90 2.13

Hopefully that will help ...

I don't have an '06, but I run the henry bend protapers on my '03. I also ran these bars on my '00 YZ250. They aren't the tallest bars out but I love them because they are pretty straight (don't have a lot of sweep) and seem slightly wider than other bars. They help keep my lanky frame in an agressive riding position comfortably. I'm 6'2" by the way.

I too am 6'2" and I changed my 06 stock protapers out for renthal fat bars with a cr high bend. The extra height allowed me extra cockpit room without having to push my bars too far forward. As well, I has made it easier for me to stand up and ride due to the fact that I don't have to bend my knees as much. I can stand taller.

i use the redd /henry bend also on my 426 but havent installed them on my 2006 450 yet one thing that did not fit was my fastway lowered foot pegs im 6,3 260 and i loved these on my 426 made such a difference soo disapointed they fit but not in the lowered position

Please,anybody knows what Pro Taper bend comes stock on the 06 models?

MXA know it alls aren't answering :bonk:

It is very hard to judge what to buy. Personally I think the stock bars have too little sweep,but I saw someone here saying just the opposite. :applause:

MXA know it alls aren't answering ?

It is very hard to judge what to buy. Personally I think the stock bars have too little sweep,but I saw someone here saying just the opposite. :bonk:

:applause: bump

MXA know it alls aren't answering :bonk:

It is very hard to judge what to buy. Personally I think the stock bars have too little sweep,but I saw someone here saying just the opposite. :applause:

Why does it matter what model bars are on there stock? You have an '06 do you like the bend, if not buy the bars you want....

I have a friend that works at TR and he told me that the bars where built to Yamaha's specs and are not a bar you can buy from Pro Taper...

I don't know what bend the bars are butthey are to low for me!I like the width and sweep but just not tall enough.I got a set of tri-star clamps coming and that should help a lot!Wit these clamps you can rise the bars 2" if you wanted to!And they do the best anodizing I have ever seen! ck them out at tri star racing!

This is rider preference issue; you're gonna have to make this decision. Get what YOU feel good with...

Bars are cheap :bonk:

Thanks for your comments. The problem is that here in Slovakia, dealers don't carry Pro Tapers, so I will have to order one set on internet somewhere. Before I make a choice I'd like to know the dimensions I am starting with and choose from the table the way I want to go with the replacement. :applause: