Sign in to follow this  

Best Knee Brace for Tibial Plateau Fracture?

last ride of the season landed straight legged and wrecked everything in my left knee, ACL, PCL, Meniscus, and a chunk of tibia came off. six hours of surgery and a plate and screws later need the best brace I can buy before april so I can ride again

What did they repair and what was left unrepaired? In other words, what instability(s) are you bracing, are you unloading a damaged side of the tibia? What type of ACL reconstruction was performed (if one was done)?

Cy

I was looking thru old threads and it appears that no knee brace has been proven to reduce injuries.I have noticed a lot of people need to use them after an injury to aid the knee.some said they have been unable to ride after surgery without a knee brace.I saw a lot of replies for the don-joys.I have an ortho appointment myself as my knee is no longer working up to snuff.

Yeah just worked me through lot of posts regarding that stuff.

What makes me realy wonder is that drmark statet that no kneebrace will prevent ACL :bonk:

So why that stuff is that damn expensive.

I start thinking on buying a pair wich is 2000+$ here and was in the hope it will help me not to get that damn injury again, because i run my own buiseness and can`t allow me to get out of it for a longer time.

I also got 2 Kids riding and after my injury my wife told me they have to quit wich forced lots of Tears.

No I could bring my wife to the decission let them riding again but with best safety gear avaulabel, so that would be a $$ 6000 investion for me.

But if all that stuff did not work :applause::cry:

I`m realy confused

it looks like a lot of people are suffering femur breaks due to the braces.the tradeoff being the untold damage that might have occured to the knee.man I miss germany.was stationed in ramstein 90-92.