Sign in to follow this  

what do you guys wear under/over jersey?

what do you guys wear over or udner your jersey for protection, or in general? i wear that six six one jacket thingy, but i think its too bulky and hot. was wondering what you guys did. also, does anybody know what the pros have under their jerseys, cause they seem to be able to take some hard falls sometimes, but not get too hurt, but i noticed that theyre not wearing conventional big plastic protectors. anway, jw

I wear the Fox Airchest Protector, over it i have the 06 No Fear Elektron Kit, which is really thin so it keeps me cool...The Airchest is pretty bulky, but doesn't affect my manouvering at all as it sits on me freely, overall its a good roost deflecter and nothing more...

I just wear my riding clothes and in the cold weather I wear my hoodie over that. I might be getting a chest protector and stuff soon because I might be getting into racing as soon as my mom gets a trailer or pickup.

The pros fall and dont get hurt, because they are in the best shape they can possibly be in. I wear an AXO under the jersey roost protector. It is a little pad for the front that just protects you from roost. Very light too, only weighs 10 ounces. I wear that during the winter, seeing as I can wear that under my jacket. I will wear a FOX R3 roost protector during the warmer times, because I can wear that over my jersey just fine.

i wear a roost protecter over my jersy on warm days but if its cold i'll wear a shirt or mabye another jersy under my jersy and a hoodie over my jersy and then my chest protector over my hoodie

I wear one of those sports shirts like for football and baseball,you can get them at sports stores,it evaporates sweat fast and feels cooler.

I wear one of those sports shirts like for football and baseball,you can get them at sports stores,it evaporates sweat fast and feels cooler.

you mean under armour right?

Does anyone herealso think that a chest protector is a waste unless you are racing?? iv crashed so many times and broke ribs WHILE i was wearing my protector. Now i dont bother with it, its bulky, it irritates me and the only time it has ever helped is to stop the rocks and roost you get hit with in a race. For practice its a waste IMO. I wanna get me one of those new Thor protectors that go under jersey, i think they are called vector? they look like what im after...

Does anyone herealso think that a chest protector is a waste unless you are racing??

I always wear one. The shoulder pads have very deep scratches in them from various falls. Better the pads than my shoulders...

bruno.

I wear the Fox chest protector. It also has protection for the spine. Hope no one gets hit by a foot peg or a handlebar without something on.

The Pros do get hurt, did you see RC's back after Bubba landed on him at Unadilla?

He didn't let it bother him though.

In the summer? nothing but the Sahara Moose jersey I have.

In the winter? thin wicking layer, fleece over layer and an old snowboard jacket I have converted to my fall moto, ice track do it all wind protector.

I don't race, I'm just a lowly trail rider.

The only body armor I use is on the ICE, Elbow pads are a must have IMO.

under armour long sleeve and some under armour shorts

they are great

i dont have jerseys yet so i just wear t shirts and all

oh and i dont race

I've got to agree with t-web60 and kawirider. The riders physical condition has a ton to do with them getting up so quick. I also have a 661 defender, and a 661 pressure suit. i usually wear the pressure suit if it's cold and the defender if it's hot or I'm going to the woods with tree limbs available to spear me.