Sign in to follow this  

Elbow protection...what do you use?

I have this problem of bumping and scraping up my forearms and elbows everytime I crash because my elbow pads and jersey ALWAYS slide up my arms on impact. It seems like there should be a better way to protect the elbows in a fall; what do you use?

people use elbow protection? haha thats funny

Sounds smart to me, not funny. I use 661 2x4 and love em. I used to have the same problem as you until I got em.

Duc-

Not sure how to solve that on the track; when I used to MX I used CCM hockey elbow pads under the jersey. Never had a problem and they afforded great protection along with excellent comfort and mobility.

I only trail ride these days and I have a set of Dainese (yep, the street gear folks) pads which cover from just above my wrist to above my elbow. You can't see them below my riding jacket and they work just peachy. I once got 20 stiches in my forearm after hitting a sharp rock- elbow and forearm protection is smart thinking.

Sometimes you have to think outside the box a bit with regard to optimizing your gear.

Hope this helps.

Neil.

i use the fox raptor i think.. i like them, just have to be carefull getting them to tight or makes my arms go numb, but they offer great protection, im happy w/them

I use the RockGardn Flak Jacket. It has full armor for the elbow/forearm, as well as the rest of the upper body, front and back. The fact that it is a suit, all the armor pieces are connected and they won't move out of the way when you hit the ground. Best investment I ever made....

Cheers,

Mac

i tried elbow pads but couldn't handle it, they really anoyed me...so im going to retire my body armour, to go for a pressure suit with the elbow pads built in, they have just goto be more comfortable than the valcro on elbow pads

Thanks guys. I heard the EVS "burly" elbow pads were good as well. I wanted a full armored jacket but it would only work in AZ during the winter...but it is winter now!

Thanks guys. I heard the EVS "burly" elbow pads were good as well. I wanted a full armored jacket but it would only work in AZ during the winter...but it is winter now!

The under-jersey body armor works just fine in hot weather. I live in Africa and ride in temps up to the low 100's using the RockGardn Flak Jacket (which isn't a jacket, by the way...). They are made to be worn under a MX jersey and are heavily vented to keep you cool. Do yourself a favor and check them out at www.rockgardn.com or also at www.sixsixone.com -- both of these are nice units.

Cheers,

Mac