Arizona tracks

• 2 weeks later...

check out the websites:

speedworldmx.com

copracing.com

etmotopark.com

these are all great tracks, personally I prefer to ride tracks because its safer and not dusty. there are a few more tracks but I do not know the web sites. C-ya at the track soon....

I'm moving to Phoenix at the end of February. I'm contemplating selling my WR250F for a quad. What's your opinion, sell the two-wheeler and get a quad, or keep the thumper?

Your WR is perfect for AZ riding. There is a ton on of open country full of single track trails. Quads are for girls and Farmers!

So where are you guys talking about when you said single track trails? Is it sand or dirt or both? Coming from Washington, I learned to ride on single track trails that are dirt, mud and rock. The WR will do OK in the sand without sand tires?

The WR will do OK in the sand without sand tires?

Yeah, it will go great! We're not talking dunes, but sand washes or dry riverbeds full of sand. It might take some getting used to, but it makes you a better overall rider.

Here are some pics of Arizona trails. Not single track, but it will give you an idea. By the way, how can you possibly consider giving up a WR250, or any dirt bike for that matter, for a quad???

dscf01295dy6va.jpg

dscf01330ug3ne.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0048.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

Harry,

Thanks for the pics. Looks pretty awesome. Where were they taken? Anywhere near Surprise. That is where I will be moving to by beginning of March. :bonk:

Why would I be getting rid of the bike for a quad? My wife and son rides quads. I figured if it was easier to get around in the sand, on the trails near the Phoenix area, a quad might be more appropriate. But after looking at the pics you sent, I'm 99% sure I'm going to keep the thumper. :applause:

Thanks for your input. It really helps. ?

BTW, any flat easier trails for the nine year-old son in that area? ?

personally I prefer to ride tracks because its safer

holy smokes. what are you smoking? lol. i just rode canyon mx wednesday night. saw a couple guys wad up pretty hard. i think when you're flying 50' through the air, going 40-50mph, it's probably not as safe as trailriding. although if you're planning to stack hard, at least there's someone there to clean up the mess.

btw, i don't have a ton of track experience, but i enjoyed canyon (canyon offroad park, cop). nice jumps, mostly pretty safe. some long tables that also had little humps about 2/3 of the way to ease the landing for the less proficient (or the guys on enduro bikes). even the largest double wasn't deadly. i know cuz i fully cased it and bounced into the air, but fortunately i came back down on the bike when it landed and all was well. it was pretty crowded there tho, so they ended up splitting us up into minis, beg-nov, and int-exp-pro, which was annoying. i like to ride about 30 mins straight, then take about a 5 minute break and go another 30 mins or so and just keep doing that until i run out of gas.

Harry,

Thanks for the pics. Looks pretty awesome. Where were they taken? Anywhere near Surprise. That is where I will be moving to by beginning of March. :applause:

BTW, any flat easier trails for the nine year-old son in that area? :bonk:

I took those pics out by Barlett Lake. A little ways from Surprise --about an hour -- but certainly worth the trip from time to time.

Much closer to where you'll be is Lake Pleasant. There's definately some flat open areas around there. In fact, I might be heading out that way tomorrow. My son is still pretty new to his bike and looking for some easy riding himself.

I took those pics out by Barlett Lake. A little ways from Surprise --about an hour -- but certainly worth the trip from time to time.

Much closer to where you'll be is Lake Pleasant. There's definately some flat open areas around there. In fact, I might be heading out that way tomorrow. My son is still pretty new to his bike and looking for some easy riding himself.

Thanks for the info. I can't wait to get us moved down in the area so I can ride more often. :applause:

I can't wait to get us moved down in the area so I can ride more often. :applause:

It's going to be tough leaving behind all that rain and snow and cold for year-round riding, blue skies, huge vistas, and wide open country. And the women around here are unbelieveable. Oops. Strike that last part. Forgot you're married and everyone knows that married guys are blind! :bonk:

It's going to be tough leaving behind all that rain and snow and cold for year-round riding, blue skies, huge vistas, and wide open country. And the women around here are unbelieveable. Oops. Strike that last part. Forgot you're married and everyone knows that married guys are blind! :bonk:

You know, it's only rained twenty-seven days in a row now. Thirty-three is the record and it looks like we'll surpass that. Well you're right, I have to have blinders on, NOT! I can look all I want. Wifey says so. I just have to leave the jewels at home. :applause:

You know, it's only rained twenty-seven days in a row now.

Oh my God!!! Well, get ready to not experience that "depression" that comes from gray skies went you get out here. Sometimes, day after day after day after day, the sky is completely cloudless and a perfect deep blue. I'm from the northeast, so there were ALWAYS clouds in the sky, and when I got here it was just so strange to see the same exact sky day after day. Nowadays, when it's cloudy or even overcast, I like it because it makes for an interesting change. But no more of those days or weeks of gray skies and that feeling of "blah" or irritability that comes from no sun in the sky.

Oh my God!!! Well, get ready to not experience that "depression" that comes from gray skies went you get out here. Sometimes, day after day after day after day, the sky is completely cloudless and a perfect deep blue. I'm from the northeast, so there were ALWAYS clouds in the sky, and when I got here it was just so strange to see the same exact sky day after day. Nowadays, when it's cloudy or even overcast, I like it because it makes for an interesting change. But no more of those days or weeks of gray skies and that feeling of "blah" or irritability that comes from no sun in the sky.

You know, my wife and son have quads and I have the WR. But that's only part of the reason for moving out there. My wife and I also have HD's.We can't wait to get down there to ride ALL YEAR LONG! :applause: