Best pipe for DRZ110??

Hi all!

I'm looking to upgrade my bike and want to get a pipe for it!

I don't have a bigbore kit on right now but I want one later on!

My question is If I get a pipe for my stock set up will it still work well with the big bore kit on?

Also which pipe do you recommend I get for the best price?

I've been looking at the FMF pipe.... what do you think?

Thanks

Well...a pipe that works well for stock will work ok with a modded motor.

FMF and the Dr.D are great pipes for stock motors, but tend to cork up the bike when you put a big bore kit into it. I had an FMF on my stock motor bike and it helped out in the power. Just make sure you rejet and get the pod filter.

For big bore kits, try a PC, Yosh, TB, or any of the bigger dia. pipes out there. Putting these pipes on a stock motor will help, but you notice more gains when you combine these pipes with a BBK.

I have some personal experience with our 2 shop 110's that I can tell you about.

1. FMF pipe on a stock bike. Slight increase in power throughout range. Good sound and it seemed to warmup to operating temp quicker.

2. FMF pipe with a Hot Cam, K&N filter, 85 main, 40 pilot and adjustable TB needle. Ran really well, but the exhaust flange on the pipe was smaller than the exhaust port and probably restricted alot of flow. Jetting was difficult.

3. Pro Circuit pipe(no screen) and same engine set-up. WOW, what a difference a pipe makes! The bike pulls harder everywhere. Easy to set-up jetting.

4. Yosh pipe(no screen), BBR 130 lit, Takegawa cam, Uni filter, 90 main jet, 42 pilot and TB adjustable needle. AWESOME combination! I would recommend this combo to anyone looking to build a bigger bore motor. My personal bike.

I have not put the PC pipe on the 130 motor yet, but will soon and let you know what the difference is. The Yosh is definitely LOUD!!!

None of these results are scientific, just a "seat of the pants" feeling.

I can definitely recommend either the Pro Circuit or the Yoshimura for any cc application, they both work.

if your going to go with a big bore later on your best bets would be with the procircut t-4 pipe, or the new two brothers pipes. fmf pipe is cheap but its junk for the big bore. i personally have a joker pipe that you can look at on jokermachine.com but i dont think it would be the best bang for your buck, so check out those other two pipes and you wont be disapointed

Thanks a lot guys!

So the PC pipe sounds like it will be the best for what I'm looking for....

and it works with the stock motor.

How do you rejet ? I don't know a lot about engines but is that where you change the needle in the carb?

Depending on how much you want to spend the BBR D-Section Exhaust is your best option. However, it is a FULL RACE PIPE which means it doesnt have a spark arrestor and is VERY loud. It works well with the stock motor and is awesome with a modded motor and a must for a big-bore. It really seems to let the engine breath.

:applause: