Power Bomb vs. Mega Bomb

Gonna get a new exhaust for my 05 WR450 after the new years and I was planning on getting a FMF so I can add a power bomb or mega bomb header later on.

The current plan is to do the new titanium powercore 4 with the Mega Bomb header, but I am wondering if the mega bomb is worth the price difference over the power bomb.

Mega Bomb = ~310

Power Bomb = ~180

I'm sure the power difference is not noticible but will the mega bomb make the DB's lower than the power bomb allowing me to run a more free flowing exhaust without being hassled?

FYI, I purchased the SX Powerbomb in order to reduce the dB level of my Powercore IV muffler, and also to get some more bottom end, as FMF claim.

I was very dissapointed with the results. To me, there was no noticeable difference to the ear, of the sound level, also, if there was an increase in bottom end, I didn't feel it. Maybe others have had better experience than me, but for the money I spent on the Powerbomb, I expected it to perform as stated by FMF.

From Dirt Rider:

"The MegaBomb header has a works look on a four-stroke. Internally there are a few holes inside the mini expansion chamber that give unstable exhaust gasses a place to be absorbed. Another side benefit of this design is a reduction in sound output, up to two db quieter in some cases. On the bike the MegaBomb works as advertised and has the similar effect on the power—a smooth, more-crisp throttle response—but over a wider RPM range. Where the PowerBomb is subtle, you really notice the MegaBomb. Hand-formed, therefore much harder to produce, it retails for $349.99 and has found a home on our YZ450F."

There you have it...SC

? I just installed the power bomb :bonk: system last week and rode the CA desert of Red Mountain. Trust me ? , there is power throughout all bands and the WR responds superbly to each hit on the throttle. There is no need :applause: to add the Mega Bomb unless you want to burn the inside of your pants ? because of its location on the bike.

In addition, my buddy who is a mechahic for Yamaha ? said it was a waste of money ?:bonk: