hours on stock valves?

I got my valves checked and adjusted. They were in definite need of adjustment. As long as you stay on top of adjustment the valves should last a very long time. The mechanic replaced the two intake tappets because they had some wear. My intake valves were much tighter than my exhaust valves and the mechanic said this was typical. I think as long as you stay on top of adjustment you wont have to replace anything serious.

We recently purchased a 2004 RMZ. We are the 3rd owner, the first owner rode it 20-25 hours of intermediate to hard track time. The second owner rode it 30+ hours of intermediate track (+40 class) and trail time. My 15 year old rode it 10-15 hours of track practice plus 2 race weekends. We just had Eric Gorr do the head using KW valves and springs. We had an intake valve getting tight. The cams and bearing checked out ok. The bike has the Boysen waterpump.

We just had Eric Gorr do the head using KW valves and springs. We had an intake valve getting tight. The cams and bearing checked out ok.

We did that end up costing you? Did he do anything with the seats? I'll be in the same boat shortly. Thanks

thats my question also, its time mine gets valves, i have it apart now and the left intake had wore the most. i want to go with stainless valves and the conical hd springs but i dont ever here anybody talking about the seats mine visualy look ok, but want to do this right the first time. 04 rmz 250 harescrambler.

my experience with the stock valves is once they start to wear and need reshimmed it wont last long and you can only do it a couple of times. when your valves are getting tight you will notice harder to start and less compression when kicking.