Rekluse vs Scotts Dampener

Scotts...Safety First! The thing has saved my butt countless times. I've taken it off just to see what it would be like and things felt way too squirrelly. This is the first dirt bike I've had with a damper and I don't know how I rode without one. The Rekluse fans will likely tell you the same thing though...SC

When do you guys seem to notice the most headshake? I only picked up my WR at the end of this season and havn't had a ton of seat time on it. Before that I was on a CR500 which of coarse is the King of Headshake -

I have felt the front end want to wash out in the loose stuff like the dunes and down in the creek washes, but don't all bikes tend to do that?

Also, is there a big difference between the GPRS and the Scotts ?

Thanks for the info.

Awesome thread. One other thing. If the choice was between the Scotts, the Rekluse or sending my suspension to be set up for my weight and riding style. Where is my money best spent? Can only afford one. (2004 WR450, 41 year old, racing Amature class at Hare Scrambles)

I run a GPR stabilizer and a Rekluse as well as ESP suspension work.

Get the Stabilizer first. It will give you better control of your bike and in a way help your suspension feel a bit better. It will also save you butt more times then you can imagine.

Then get the Rekluse. Amazing product. Stabilizer and Rekluse will be standard equipment on any future bike I own.

I was not going to get into this until you said suspension. I don't have a Scotts I have a W.E.R. Damper. I also have had the suspension done. I am 240 lbs and the stock suspension is for a 160lbs to maybe 210lbs rider not big guys. If you are not in that weight range I would say the suspension first. JUST MY OPINION!! It makes a big difference. I say that if you did both at the same time you would notice the suspension more often. At least I did.

Well I did start off with the suspension - new F&R springs and did air cells as well. Definite made a big difference on rider fatigue. I had never riden a bike with suspension set up for me before, wow, what a difference. But I've never ridden with a dampener or rekluse either. I'm going to have to get a 2nd job to support my addiction I guess.

Everyone seems very partial to the Scotts - I take it the most common setup is over the clamp / bolt on? Doesn't it seem very exposed and could it be easily damaged in a wreck?