95 620RXC, Should I buy it?

I want to get a bigbore D/S bike. A dealer nearby has a 95 KTM 620RXC. It has e-start but was moderately stripped down for offroad. Needs mirrors and turn signals I think. What would be a decent price? They haven't set a price yet cause it just came in. My last bike was an SV1000 so I know I can handle the power. Also where can I get superduty springs? I weigh in abouts 300 lbs. I sat on it and the back sagged about 6 inches so new spring would be needed. D/S bikes are rare around here so if I can I want to snap this up. I used to have a DR350SE and loved it but it was dog slow on the street, I figure a big Katoom would be fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You :applause:

I want to get a bigbore D/S bike. A dealer nearby has a 95 KTM 620RXC. It has e-start but was moderately stripped down for offroad.

'95 didn't have an e-start... so ya' might want to look at that again.

Needs mirrors and turn signals I think. What would be a decent price? They haven't set a price yet cause it just came in.

If it is a '95... less than nothing, to about $2000 for a real nice one.

My last bike was an SV1000 so I know I can handle the power. Also where can I get superduty springs? I weigh in abouts 300 lbs. I sat on it and the back sagged about 6 inches so new spring would be needed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You :applause:

You will probably need somewhere in the vicinity of a .48 to .54kg/mm fork spring set and a .88 to .94kg/mm shock spring for 300 lbs... allot of that depends on your riding skills/speeds off-road. Most dirt n00bs don't like a really stiff suspension.

Unless the PO was real anal about maintenance, all the suspension bushings are shot, including the "pro link" link. And... chances are, the suspension fluid is so old when you open them up to get your first whiff, your eyes will water and you may convulse a bit.

That's about all I got, anyone else have something to add?

Creep

I'm not trying to be a wiseass but where do I find springs that heavy? I checked Racetech's site and they said .54 in front and 8 something in the rear but don't carry either. Where else can I turn? Go thru KTM?

About the E-start the salesman claims it has it but there was no battery. Also it had what looked like a cylindrical oil cooler/catch can mounted below the carb to the cases. What the heck is it? I plan on thinking it thru carefully before leaping into it but I've always liked the big Katoom thumpers.