Up-Tite says Husky sold out of 06's TE's

Steny has it basically correct.... Husky USA said in Cycle News that they hope to increase sales 50% in '06. This is realistic with the street legal TE's. I don't think there will be less bikes in '06, but demand is going to be much higher due to TE's flying off dealers floors in states that have strict registration requirements. KTM sales have been boosted in the last few years by their "open" paperwork, not really legal, but no restriction either. This is coming to a close in the Northeast, New Jersey now has KTM's on a list of non-compliant bikes. 2 stroke and MX Huskys may still be heavily discounted by some dealers at years end, but TE's, no way. I think Husky will move excess bikes out of slow markets to high demand markets or the dealers will be shipping crated bikes as usual, but for closer to retail prices. I've benefited in the past from low prices on leftover Huskys, but in the long run more stable prices will help everyone.

Norman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know of two containers enroute to north america right now full of huskys.it isnt even january yet.lots more bikes will be coming and being shipped after the new year.you want a husky and you will geta husky!!!take some comfort in this:husqvarna usa is doing the north american motorcycle show circuit.i dont know exactly how many shows there are but there are alot of them.2 have already come and gone.thes shows cost abundle to participate in at the level husky us is committing to.price tag for this is expecting to run close to haf a million .they are betting on lots of bike sales to pay for this.i plan on selling over 70 huskys in 2006.they will be a comin,dont fret!dan.

i know of two containers enroute to north america right now full of huskys.it isnt even january yet.lots more bikes will be coming and being shipped after the new year.you want a husky and you will geta husky!!!take some comfort in this:husqvarna usa is doing the north american motorcycle show circuit.i dont know exactly how many shows there are but there are alot of them.2 have already come and gone.thes shows cost abundle to participate in at the level husky us is committing to.price tag for this is expecting to run close to haf a million .they are betting on lots of bike sales to pay for this.i plan on selling over 70 huskys in 2006.they will be a comin,dont fret!dan.

Good news, thanks.

I bought a new TE450 and every riding buddy I know who is in the market for a new bike is eyeing a Husky or already committed to buy one. They clearly have a winner and I hope this means that Husky can continue to grow and stay financially healthy.

R

you want a husky and you will geta husky!!!

:applause:

i plan on selling over 70 huskys in 2006.they will be a comin,dont fret!dan.
I got your fax Dan and you will receive a check shortly. Thanks again for taking time with me on the phone.

It would be really interesting to know how many Husky's make it Cali this year.

Eric's Cycle told me "we sold 4 Husky's in the last 2 years and have sold 30 so far this year"

Motoexotica says they are gonna sell 70?

Just a very crude guestimate but i wouldnt be surprised if the number is over 1000 units in '06 in Cali....or 5+% of total production. No reason it cant be 3-4 times that by '08--nearly 20% of production!

But only if Husky works on the dealer network, puts on some races, dual sport rides, and gets a real race effort going off road out west.

Just some ramblings. Carry on.

Its really amazing. Only three Husqvarna dealerships listed on the Husqvarna.usa website in Michigan; One went out of business, and one only carries parts. Whats up with that?

By the way just to clarify, the remaining dealership said that all of the orginal TE510 models that were shipped to America were sold out, and that although he couldn't give me a solid date, he was confident that he would be able to get "some" before spring. I just wasn't willing to wait for spring...

Can't help to notice all but 1 of these posts are from Cali riders ( and the odd one out is Arizona...close enough).

Try not to insult us ex-Californians, that have wised up and moved to AZ, like that again! If you've ever lived in both states you'd know the only thing close is their proximity to each other. I ride a street legal 2006 KTM 300XC-W here in AZ. Try that in CACA.

Travis

I ride a street legal 2006 KTM 300XC-W here in AZ. Try that in CACA.
You know whats interesting about that is I wonder how cali would handle that one if you moved here with your AZ plate, walked into DMV with the plate, registration & title requesting cali plates??

You know whats interesting about that is I wonder how cali would handle that one if you moved here with your AZ plate, walked into DMV with the plate, registration & title requesting cali plates??

You would most likely be led off in handcuffs. Why don't you try it and get back to us with the results?

It might depend on the VIN number. I believe if the bike had a "3" or a "C" in the 8th digit you might not have any luck even with an out of state plate. But if it were to have a "clean" VIN number they'll do a quick inspection of the VIN and street equipment and hand you a CA plate. I've done it numerous times.

I just talked to George at UpTite... He has one ('06 TE 510).

He wants FREIGHT and SETUP on top of his $7399 price.

It came to just a few bucks under $7900 !! :applause:

Not only that, I'll have to pay taxes when I go to DMV.

I made a few calls and found another one a bit farther away and willing to let it go for $7200 OTD! I'll pay taxes at my DMV and won't complain a bit.

They're out there in SoCal... but a lot of places are closed for the holidays.

Also... as I was talking to George, he has HIS opinions of what I'm going to do with my new bike. He's hard to deal with... and I just can't pay his high prices. (thought more should know about that).

It came to just a few bucks under $7900 !! :bonk:

I made a few calls and found another one a bit farther away and willing to let it go for $7200 OTD! I'll pay taxes at my DMV and won't complain a bit.

Also... as I was talking to George, he has HIS opinions of what I'm going to do with my new bike. He's hard to deal with... and I just can't pay his high prices. (thought more should know about that).

Was that for a 450 or 250? If thats for a 450 thats nice compared to the $8300+ they want here at the local Hawaii dealer. Maybe Uptite meant that the US distributer is sold out and waiting for it's next shipment. We got our TE's from Taskys and are very satisfied about the sale.

:applause:

Smaller, 1 brand bike dealers have to make a living too. Offer him the going rate from say GP or RB Cycles ($7300) + tax and no set up. If he doesn't go for it, shop around. George is known for a good set up, but if the price doesn't work for you both, move to another dealer. We will be looking for your sign up on the April, Husky only ride in Baja. Steny

Are you sure you we're talking with Eric in Pasadena? :applause::bonk:

Sounds about the same. I just tune it out. As long as he has the bike I want, it is all good. Setup is always right too.

R

Smaller, 1 brand bike dealers have to make a living too. Offer him the going rate from say GP or RB Cycles ($7300) + tax and no set up. If he doesn't go for it, shop around. George is known for a good set up, but if the price doesn't work for you both, move to another dealer. We will be looking for your sign up on the April, Husky only ride in Baja. Steny

I did... I had talked to him twice this morning. Both dealers knew of each other... and all George said was, "I don't know what they're doing... but...". Ultimately I called George back after I confirmed my pricing (and yes, it was for the '06 TE 510 out the door)... and he wouldn't budge off his $7399 plus setup and freight fees (totalling the $7900).

When I got a confirmed $7200 out the door, and it's 222 miles from where I'll be. Rather than the closer 120 miles from my house... I'm only driving 100 extra miles to get $700 off. After gas, food and my time... I'm saving $500 for accessories! :applause:

And Steny... THANKS for your time (as well as Mike's)!! You both made this the easy purchase. Coming off of Honda for the last 15 yrs (and Yamaha prior since childhood).... was a hard decision until I read "street legal" and only 18 pounds heavier than my CRF. E-start was only the 'bonus package' to make the sale!

I'd like to sign up for your ride... I'll re-look at the whole deal and see what it all entails. I'll be riding my Husky from Tecate to San Felipe (and back - round trip 530 or so miles) on Jan 20th to 22nd. I'm excited to see how it does... and how it feels after a long ride across Baja compared to my XR650.

I'll release the details of the dealer and my experience sometime late tomorrow after I get back and log on to the NET from camp. :bonk:

It came to just a few bucks under $7900 !! :applause:

(thought more should know about that).

I payed $8100 for my '05 TE 510 from GP. Without two pipes, without turn signals and brake light and mirror and without the 50mm forks....

$7200-$7900 for the hottest selling dirt bike in SoCal is a smokin deal! That puts it right there with the 450x, and cheaper than a KTM 525.

As for George at Uptite--maybe ya just caught him on a bad day. He's been really helpfull to me. The guy knows everthing about the brand, and about the bike. He's no smoooooth talking sales guy from Jimmy's Mega Cycle Mall.com--but thats a good thing.

undefined

I purchased a TC450 from George at Up Tite Husqvarna back in May '05. After visiting numerous retailers I can more than conclude that George is the most knowledgeable Husky dealer out there. I was very well informed as to what I was looking for...George was a plethora of knowledge and I couldn't be happier with my purchase (I have realized it doesn't all come down to $$$ - to me, saving a couple hundred bucks does not equate the help and continuous information George has given me.)