Acceleration speeds?

My buddy says his cr250r does 0-60mph in about 4 seconds :applause: does this sounds right? I know that mx bikes are geared for quick acceleration but 4seconds seems pretty quick. I know this may be a pointless topic but I have always wondered what mx bikes can do of the start? what do you rekon a 250f would do up to 100kph? (60 mph)

That time seems about right to me. makes you wonder why anyone would pay 80 grand for a car that has almost that performance :applause:

Well, cuz with 80 grand worth of Mercedes SL500 you can get the ladies panties off in about 1.2 seconds, while I suspect it will take you several days of convincing on a CRF450. Now thats performance.

2005 Motorcyclist buyers guide page 68, the crf450, ktm 450 and yz450f all do 0-60 in about 7-7.5 seconds, at 4 seconds it looks around 35-40mph. this was shown via bar graph and tested with radar guns and was noted to see dirtrider.com for more results

jon

No way are they that slow! maybe riding on ice with no spikes but not with decent traction and rider