Source for Acerbis Tanks

BajaDesigns

Said Scotts bought Acerbis and that the tank was discontinued???????????

I am not claiming either is true, although the TT store seemed to confirm some sort of arrangement between Scotts and Acerbis USA.

That would stink if IMS was the sole source of tanks right now unless IMS gets their fit and finish back up to spec.

Clarke tank is only a 2.8 so why spend the cash for .2 gallons more.

FYI I did get 85 miles out of the stocker recently, but I purposely paid attention to how I was riding as I was way out and couldnt afford to run out. Although I did bring a handle bar/cross bar mounted Maier 2 quart jug for insurance, which Maier no longer makes either.

Will have to wait until monday to find out whats going on and if the Acerbis tank is still in production.

That would stink if IMS was the sole source of tanks right now unless IMS gets their fit and finish back up to spec.

Clarke tank is only a 2.8 so why spend the cash for .2 gallons more.

Yes it would stink... My last IMS was a pile.....

The only reason I can think someone would buy the Clarke is to have the drybreak feature or a natural finish. Clarke makes great tanks just not the one we all need....... A true 4 gallon...

I just found one in stock with Motosport Outlet $199 plus free shipping, so I took it. Everyone else told me its on back order too. Started to panick, with the WORCS races and AZ cross country series starting up here soon I didnt want to be stuck with the stocker. And re-purchasing an IMS was not an option. Unless I wanted to be burned alive. :applause: