This guy has 2 '06 YZ250f!!

how can he have $7k in it when it is totally stock?

Easy - tax + dealer prep can be $1000. There's a dealer in my area that charges almost $600 for set up (Yes Virginia - that's 600 freakin' dollars for a service monkey to spend a half hour putting wheels and handlebars on the bike). :applause:

• 4 weeks later...

Most of those prices can be easily brought down with the right amount of persuasion. I don't know any one who has paid more than $5,700 out the door for a new 250f...I only paid $5,000 for mine. I don't know how it is for bikes, but I used to work at a car dealership...did you know that all transport and dealer fees are part of the MSRP? I'm not 100% sure (so dont quote me), but I think the same goes for bikes.

Most dealers charge WAY more than what they paid, so talking them down isn't too difficult.

That may be true, but I just called a friend at the Suzuki dealer....here is what i learned; the "dealer set up fee" is already added to the MSRP. Most dealerships take advantage of people and charge them their own set up fee....his dealership only charges for MSRP + tax beacause of this. He also says that too many people feel obligated to pay the sticker price when infact buying a bike is just like buying a car.

And what you say about Supply and demand is partly true. Just because the demand is low here doesn't mean we get the same number of bikes. The Yamaha dealer in my city was only getting 2-YZF250's this year and my friend just bought the only CRF250 at the dealership before they get 2 more in March. He paid $5,600 out the door for the first CRF250 they got this year.

The dealers here don't care about making deals at all...

If I don't pay MSRP + Setup + Destination + Tax. Then there will be someone else that will 30 minutes later. The problem is the people who don't bargain have set the precedent at the dealer. You have no bargaining power when the dealer is so large, they don't care if you are a return customer, or need your business in the first place.

I too live in Texas and some dealers will give you a better deal than others, But there are people standing in line for these bikes . So if you do get a good deal on one consider yourself lucky or give the rest of your "guys" name and we will all buy from him. I called every dealer in Texas (and 1 in Cali.) to find my 05 YZ250F in late 04 ( no dealers had any ) and I did not pay full sticker but it was close to it. Just my 2 cents ?