Sign in to follow this  

Should I??

Just a quick question for you guys. Should I get a 450 or stick with 250fs? I rode a buddy's Yam 05 450 last year and really liked it, I rode anothers Honda "Hated it do to his setup" As far as my background riding, 17 years racing never threw a leg over a 250 2 stroke just 125's and 250f's. When I Rode the Yam and Hon it was only for 2 laps on a very natural terrain track, no doubles, triples ect.. I weigh 165 and 5'9 height. I race the intermidate class and +30 class, I guess I'm just wondering about power delivery, handling, and such.

Thanks

Paul, you right at that weight you could ride either the 250F or the 450F. I had a couple of buddies finally go with the 450 because they were tired of getting yarded to the first turn and from corner to corner.

I have both and absolutely love them both. I race 30+A and 40+A and tried to hang with the front runners in the 30+ class and just was out horse powered.

The diff between the two KXFs once I am riding does not seem that great. I do not notice the weight in the air much, as the are both really good fliers.

I do notice some weight when decel into the corners but the 450 handles so well that it is a non issue there as well.

I work harder to race the 250F (shifting, and trying to keep my speed way up) than I do on the 450. The 450 has such good power delivery and suspension that it is really easy to get around the track quickly.

If you do not feel that you are at a disadvantage for what you do power wise, stay with the 250Fs, and perhaps put a 290 kit on it to make up the diff.

If you go with the 450, you will not have any regreets, just give your self a few rides to get used to the power and weight diff.

Do it!!! It is only money!! That is why we work so hard. Seriously it is a great bike, been riding 20 plus years and most have been on a green steed. This bike is an absolute blast. Glad I waited for the almighty green 450. Rode a ton of Honda's the past few years and was never impressed with the way they handled. Motor wise the Honda I thought was a little violent with not a lot of flywheel effect.(Woods riding)Mx the motor is great just won't turn and feels heavy. This is my first 4-stroke since the 1981 atc 200 in the early 80's. Coming off a 03 kx 265 and the transition has been great. Handles like a 2 stroke,turns like no other kawi I have owned. Buyit! put it in third gear leave it and take any line you want. It will breed confidence. No engine braking to deal with just good clean usable power that gets to the ground.

Do it!!! It is only money!! That is why we work so hard. Seriously it is a great bike, been riding 20 plus years and most have been on a green steed. This bike is an absolute blast. Glad I waited for the almighty green 450. Rode a ton of Honda's the past few years and was never impressed with the way they handled. Motor wise the Honda I thought was a little violent with not a lot of flywheel effect.(Woods riding)Mx the motor is great just won't turn and feels heavy. This is my first 4-stroke since the 1981 atc 200 in the early 80's. Coming off a 03 kx 265 and the transition has been great. Handles like a 2 stroke,turns like no other kawi I have owned. Buyit! put it in third gear leave it and take any line you want. It will breed confidence. No engine braking to deal with just good clean usable power that gets to the ground.

I could not have said it better myself, buy it you will not regret it! The KX 450 is heads and tails better than my 05 YZ450!

Also, the guys I ride with have all been 4 strokers for awhile. Starting with crf450's then in the last two years all have gone to crf250's. After riding mine a few have decided to go BACK to 450's. One die hard KAwasaki hater whom has been riding for over 20 yrs,always buying the latest and greatest thing has never owned a Kawasaki and has always bashed them, rode it twice and bought one. He is also the same person who swared by the 250 4strokes and told me I was crazy to buy a 450. He is now a proud owner of a 450 KX. All due to the linear power delivery,exceptional turning and incredible suspension. Suck me MXA. Never buying another mag of yours!!!!

I just picked up a 06 KX450F..absolute best stock bike out of the crate,suspension,power delivery and handling are perfect.Riding Honda's for the last 16 yrs,2strokes-4 strokes..last Honda was a 05 CRF450,awesome bike..but the KXF has got it covered..

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, go green, go 450, and thats coming from the man thats changed from a 250f Honda.

I made a huge mistake, I went from a very Sweet 05 Crf 450 to a 05 Crf 250. Due to getting old and having bad knees I assumed that the lighter weight and less Hp of the 250f would be easier on ones body. Well to make a terrible story short, In order to forfill my need and run up front I had to ride the hell out of that little 250f and use every bit of power and speed it had, two months of that and back on the 450!!!