Sign in to follow this  

xr100 big bore kit???

i was origionally going to put a kitaco 145 big bore in my cr/xr conversion. i am now thinking of putting a 120 with a powroll stroker. is this a good kit? what size stroker should i use? would it be abe to compete with 85cc 2-smokes? or should i just save up and get a 145? i herd a bunch of stuff about the 145 like having to run race gas, stripping starter gears, etc. or if u guys have a diff kit that is good i could use the knowledge.

thank you very much

Steve

To compete with 85cc two strokes, you will need the 145 kit (and a converted cr85). But it also depends on the track. I rode my friends 145 again yesterday and it has a ton more bottom and pulls harder than my 120. If the track has 40'-60' tables or doubles you would have to be able to rail the 120 to do them, but with the 145, it won't be that much of a problem. Although, if you're going to race the beginner or novice class, a 120 would work. But any higher class, you'll have to have the 145 kit just to in the hunt. At Starwest, which is the a supercross track the fastest people I see, are 85 expert kids. They go by everybody on any bike. My buddy's kid won some series against 85's on his 120 conversion, but I don't know what level it was, so who knows. Just pinn it.