Cant decide on some things about Cycra Handguards

I have finally decided to get some handguards seeing as I mainly ride trails, and I have even decided to get the Triple Clamp mount racer pack. However, I can not decide on a few things. Should I get the front triple clamp mount or the side triple clamp mount. Should I get the rubber or aluminum bar ends. I have Pro taper handlebars and an upper triple clamp by applied racing.

Aluminum ends, as they are stonger. Front or side mount depends on your triples... the bolts will be on the front or side. I'm picking some up too

I have finally decided to get some handguards seeing as I mainly ride trails, and I have even decided to get the Triple Clamp mount racer pack. However, I can not decide on a few things. Should I get the front triple clamp mount or the side triple clamp mount. Should I get the rubber or aluminum bar ends. I have Pro taper handlebars and an upper triple clamp by applied racing.
front or side is relevant to where your T clamp fasteners are,, front or side,, Nothing Else Not so much a choice of style as what fits your bike

I just installed a pair of Fast way guards. They have a bend similar to the cyrcas, but mount to there own clamp which replaces your top bar clamp. I also got the one with the mount for my stabilizer. :applause:

Does anyone need these?

cycra%20mounts.jpg

I believe they are for Cycra, never had a chance to try them.

There is a Helicoil installed on one and I would like 30 bux obo.

yea run the cycra pro-bends w/the bar ends that come with it...and the triple clamp mount...front or side depends on your model of triple clamp...i got applied clamps with the side mounts to the probends..i like the combo

I've got a new set of cycras, black w/ natural plastic, alum ends, front mount, etc.

I originally got the part numbers mixed up with the side mounts so this is an extra set that I need to get rid of. Anyone that needs them, PM me.

My $.02, I have found that the Cycra handguards, due to their low cut design, leave the top of the hand exposed, especially when mounted to the triple clamp. I especially notice it with the bike in turns working around trees. Went back to a standard protector and the problem went away. I like the product, and the triple clamp mount as it leaves more room for cables and such, but this combo did not work for me.

Thanks everyone, for letting me know.

I was real disappointed with my recent purchase of the Cycra racer pack. On the right side, the guard interfeared with the brake master cylinder and cable, the instructions say to cut a locater tab on the banjo fitting to relocate the placement of the brake line. I didn't want to cut anything off my bike just to fit hand guards on. I ended up grinding the guard mount down with a cut off wheel (took an hour) just so the guard would fit on the right side. I had Fastways on my KTM, they were miles better as far as fitment goes. You would think Cycra could come up with a better guard mount that would make the installation a snap. I know they make great products.... Their topclamp mounted handguard system could be better.....

On the right side, the guard interfeared with the brake master cylinder and cable, the instructions say to cut a locater tab on the banjo fitting to relocate the placement of the brake line. I didn't want to cut anything off my bike just to fit hand guards on.

I've got the same problem on my YZ. The brake lever is either way too low or way too high. I'm thinking of taking off the triple clap mount and attaching it directly to the bars.

Should I get the rubber or aluminum bar ends. I have Pro taper handlebars and an upper triple clamp by applied racing.

Rubber bar ends work best for steel bars. Aluminum bar ends work best for aluminum bars. So get aluminum end fittings for your pro tapers.

I've got the same problem on my YZ. The brake lever is either way too low or way too high. I'm thinking of taking off the triple clap mount and attaching it directly to the bars.

I hear ya........ That's why I like the Fastway system, the one end goes in the end of the bar and the other goes to the handlebar clamp, completely missing everything, giving you tons of room for adjustment. :applause: