Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket CDI -- who has one?

I am pretty sure my CDI got toasted (04 S model) in a fall off the stand in a confined space. The bike was in bits, seat and tank off, everything loose.

Who has an aftermarket CDI?

I'm looking for a reliable cheapie replacement. Anyone have a good experience?

This bike needs to get running!

Thanks, Bucks

I am pretty sure my CDI got toasted (04 S model) in a fall off the stand in a confined space. The bike was in bits, seat and tank off, everything loose.

Who has an aftermarket CDI?

I'm looking for a reliable cheapie replacement. Anyone have a good experience?

This bike needs to get running!

Thanks, Bucks

I've got a dozen or so,, but seeing as you have not pissed me off yet,, I'd not sell you any of them :applause:

Procomm is the current aftermarket suplier,, but there have been issues with some.

You can get a 11K (or so) CDI from parts411.

Buy a good used E box on fleabay

HEY!!! My Procomm 11+K box was still working when my tranny blew up! :bonk:

I've got a dozen or so,, but seeing as you have not pissed me off yet,, I'd not sell you any of them :applause:

Procomm is the current aftermarket suplier,, but there have been issues with some.

You can get a 11K (or so) CDI from parts411.

Buy a good used E box on fleabay

Yoshimura never made one...Mitsubishi originally made one for them they put their name on...Later the Yoshimura box was made by a company called Procom which many here have experience with...Their boxes were made in China...Many had problems...The original Mitsubishi made one is the reliable one (Although I've been using a Procom 11K box made for Yoshimura by Procom for more than 6 months without problem)...

I am pretty sure you can still get an originail 11k Yosh CDI (made by Mitsu). The one Yosh R&D USA sells is the Procomm ones with issues.

But the Yosh one you want will run you $450 at least.