Sign in to follow this  

Rmz 450

I am going to buy a new 06 rmz 450 in the morning it has the makita kit already on it for $6000 what do you think good deal, and what is the best pipe out for that bike?

my advice is try it before you put a pipe on it,I couldn't imagine a better power spread+Ive seen a few post where they were happer with the stock pipe then aftermarket(06 only)

Yeah thats a good deal. unless the last guy abused it. And yes, a person can ruin a bike in just a few months. But as was said, the stock power on the 06 is so good, i don't know why you "need" a different pipe. Some people say they do and you could be one of them. I have a Q2 on and there is still so much power.

The dealer put the graphics on it and its 6k new? That works...

I dont think the 06 needs a pipe unless you need to be legal (spark aresstor/sound). It runs better than my 05 with a pipe already.

I have done some testing with the standard pipe and and a pro circuit t4 and I find the pro circuit better in most situations it seems to give a little more power right through the range, It is quite a bit louder than standard however but it sounds great!

I got an idea...before you go out and buy a pipe, take that money and get the suspension done. Unless you are a pro, you won't be riding the bike with the stock pipe to it's full potential. So why not get the suspension dialed in for you and your riding style first? All that power doesn't do you a bit of good if you are bouncing around on the track and can't put it to the ground.

Just a thought before you go blow $700 on an exhaust system.

got an idea...before you go out and buy a pipe, take that money and get the suspension done. Unless you are a pro, you won't be riding the bike with the stock pipe to it's full potential. So why not get the suspension dialed in for you and your riding style first? All that power doesn't do you a bit of good if you are bouncing around on the track and can't put it to the ground.

I agree suspension should be first thing to address it certainly the most important aspect of this bike.

Only reason I have an aftermarket pipe is because it came standard with one otherwise I wouldnt have bothered.