Sign in to follow this  

Went to Blue today.

Went to Blue today, hit the triple in front, came up short, killed my arm, and my crf450...sad day.

Hospital...Smashed muffler, bent sub-frame, leaking oil, bars, no rear fender, busted plastics, this was all noticed before the bike was even really looked at. just imagine what else.

Dave, I hope you and the bike heal up quickly......

I'm thinking of hitting Blue on Friday, if the light rain today doesn't make it a quagmire.

By the way, how is the "off-road" track??? I haven't been there since they redid it.

flint, has it been raining all day in DE? I am hoping to get there on Saturday for a bit, assuming they are open.

junior

junior,

Yes it has been raining most of the day, but it has been a very light constant drizzle, not a strong rain at all.

I'll have to call Blue D. tomorrow, because due to the type of soil the track(s) have (very little top soil), it sometimes tends to hold water on the track since there's slow drainage of water.

I was there a couple weeks ago or more, and it had rained a couple of days before, and they had bulldozed the MX track. It was nearly impossible to jump due to having to make your own singletrack thru the 1 foot or more deep overturned mud. I was the only one on the track on a Friday afternoon, and when some other riders tried the track, we all ended up going on the "off-road" track due to the near impossible riding conditions.

Imagine riding a field that a Farmer had just DEEPLY plowed over. That's what it was like. I'm glad I was riding a Yz 450f, I doubt a 125 two stroke could barely make it thru.

:applause:

Sorry to hear, I know what Blue can do to ya, all to well, 5 in plate, 6 screws, 2 pins here.

When you hit the triple where did you hit? like how did you crash? I hit the face of the landing...I was trying to time it right to just glide onto the table. How I hit the front wheel was on top, and the bottom was on the face of the landing. So I landed on my linkage...No suspension at all! :applause: Lol, I pinched a nerve in my arm so no feeling in it at all for about a week. But nothing broken...just have to type with one hand. My muffler is pinched shut so there is no hole at all anymore and ALL my plastics are done. Front brake is awful, and

I'm leaking oil from somewhere...I'll check it out more when I have both arms. I'll also post picks.

The new off-road track is alot of fun...It was just so muddy.

Was anyone there who maybe filmed it? I heard the crash looked crazy.

Yeah it was crazy i didnt see when you hit but i saw after when you and your bike were flyin through the air and you landed at the bottom of the landing and you were just layin there. I liked the older off road track better but maybe just cause I'm a newb. There were so many ruts and that one jump thats really steep with a lot of ruts i was goin up and i got sideways and almost crashed. Any tips for goin through ruts? Do i just need to gun it and pick one and fly through it or what?

Get better CraZ

When you hit the triple where did you hit? like how did you crash? I hit the face of the landing...I was trying to time it right to just glide onto the table. How I hit the front wheel was on top, and the bottom was on the face of the landing. So I landed on my linkage...No suspension at all! :applause: Lol, I pinched a nerve in my arm so no feeling in it at all for about a week. But nothing broken...

When I hit it, I was in the middle of the face about 3rd on a 250F Pinned and I never crashed, I over jumped it and landed nose heavy about 3 feet from the end of the downside, It was the steep angle of the landing the the postion of my hand in the pinned throttle postion that snaped it. So my bike came out fine, I rode it out about 20 feet and just hopped of when I was going slow enough and only had damange to my right arm.

When I hit it, I was in the middle of the face about 3rd on a 250F Pinned and I never crashed, I over jumped it and landed nose heavy about 3 feet from the end of the downside, It was the steep angle of the landing the the postion of my hand in the pinned throttle postion that snaped it. So my bike came out fine, I rode it out about 20 feet and just hopped of when I was going slow enough and only had damange to my right arm.

Dude when I'm healed my plan was to pin it in 3rd or 4th but now you have me scared I'm going to over jump the thing and be here again! LOL, was that the first time you hit it? I've hit everything but that, and thats why the throttle wasent pinned. How do you hit it? lol, I really just want to pin it now.

Also Thumper they said I pinched a nerve or something and now I can't feel or use three of my fingers...Ever have this? I'm kinda nervous. I really like my hand. It's tingly like it's asleep and just feels..well...dead. It's my left hand, and it's my thumb, pointer finger, and middle finger. I can kinda move my middle finger, but can barley feel it. My left ring finger is also a little tingly but i move it just fine, and only a little numbness in the tip. With hard crashes, or breaking your wrist I thought you would probably know something. I read your thread in fitness/health but I figured since it happned to you also, and now {hopefully} recovered from it that you might be able to help out.

===

And with the post before this about that triple, if anyone wants to put in your two cents then be my guest.

Thanks flint, still hoping to get down there tomorrow...still need to call and see if they are open.

Craz, hope you heel up quickly.

junior

Dude when I'm healed my plan was to pin it in 3rd or 4th but now you have me scared I'm going to over jump the thing and be here again! LOL, was that the first time you hit it? I've hit everything but that, and thats why the throttle wasent pinned. How do you hit it? lol, I really just want to pin it now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Thumper they said I pinched a nerve or something and now I can't feel or use three of my fingers...Ever have this? I'm kinda nervous. I really like my hand. It's tingly like it's asleep and just feels..well...dead. It's my left hand, and it's my thumb, pointer finger, and middle finger. I can kinda move my middle finger, but can barley feel it. My left ring finger is also a little tingly but i move it just fine, and only a little numbness in the tip. With hard crashes, or breaking your wrist I thought you would probably know something. I read your thread in fitness/health but I figured since it happned to you also, and now {hopefully} recovered from it that you might be able to help out.

===

And with the post before this about that triple, if anyone wants to put in your two cents then be my guest.

i jump it in 4th gear like 1/2-3/4 throttle and clear it everytime. you wont overshoot it, they recently mellowed out the takeoff and the landing. the landing isnt as steep as it was before. just jump it in 4th gear and youll be good.

also, if you can jump those 3 tables then you can jump the triple cuz the tabletop landings are steeper than the triple landing, and the last table is like the same size as the triple......

also, if you can jump those 3 tables then you can jump the triple cuz the tabletop landings are steeper than the triple landing, and the last table is like the same size as the triple......

Yeah, I do those fine... :applause:

do you jump all 3 tables in the same gear?

i jump the first one in 3rd and while im in the air on the first one i shift up to 4th, and jump the 2nd and 3rd one in 4th gear. and i dont really like that way.. I tried to jump them all in 3rd but its not possible on my bike (kx250f) Do you jump them in all one gear?

do you jump all 3 tables in the same gear?

i jump the first one in 3rd and while im in the air on the first one i shift up to 4th, and jump the 2nd and 3rd one in 4th gear. and i dont really like that way.. I tried to jump them all in 3rd but its not possible on my bike (kx250f) Do you jump them in all one gear?

I seat bounce the first, in 3rd then when i land the second I shift up to 4th to let me cost over it do do a race check or something...

<the first table top is weird to me, like...lol I dunno.>

When you hit the triple, do you get right on the throttle off the landing of the small double? I'm afraid if i pin it there in 4th I'll over shoot that thing and be here again...

But I have to hit it, I didnt hit it last season and payed the price racing.