Hangover Scramble Longview New Years Day

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the Grizzly there back in May and talk about a mudfest. I probably had about atleast 50 pounds of mud on my bike and myself when we finished.

Me and my bike after the race

I saw a few people spraying their bikes down with WD40, I dont know how much that helped the mud not stick, but I am sure it was better than all the mud I had sticking. My bike is air cooled so I didnt have to worry about it boiling over, but there were alot of people that were. Might want to think about getting some nylons or something to stick over your radiators, I heard this will help with mud sticking to them. I saw alot of guys taping an extra goggle lens to their visor to extend it so they could put their head down and still see and not get roosted in the face. I ended up taking my goggles off not even 1/4 mile into the first lap................I think cutting up a 2 liter pop bottle would work as well. It was a slippery mess. I had almost wished I would have dropped my air pressure down, I could hardly give it any throttle without loosing control. I had kids on 80's flyin by me. Not sure how long this race will be, but a hydration pack is a must, especially if the conditions are kinda sounding the same as it was for the grizzly.

Have fun washing your bike when you get home and good luck at the race. Hope some of these tips I mentioned will help.

Dont think I will be heading out there now has rained all night. I went out last night and looked around and there is a ton of standing water. I had to be in four wheel drive just in the parking lot and was barely getting around. Good Luck to all who go. Maybe I will just go out and take a few photos.

I rode 200 amature, got 5th (3 laps). I made a lot better time of it than last year. I did only manage to fall once, when I did fall it was that huge mud pit in the middle of the course, head first. Home made drink system worked great, studs in the tires made a world of diffrence.

I rode 200 amature, got 5th (3 laps). I made a lot better time of it than last year. I did only manage to fall once, when I did fall it was that huge mud pit in the middle of the course, head first. Home made drink system worked great, studs in the tires made a world of diffrence.

That mud hole ended my 3rd lap, I went right down the middle and hit a deep hole,,,, I went down with the engine running,,, gulp gulp, water in the engine. What a mud bath! Sorry about your moto,, sounds like you were in teh second moto and I did not get any pictures of that one, I was getting ready for moto three.

Joe............

Hangover Scramble Pics by Molleedawg Please be patient 70 photos on this page

Joe. I am the guy that talked to you right before you went out for your race. Here are the pics I took. If you are in these any of these photos just email me and I can send you a full size copy all of these have been downsized to save room. Send me a private message with the picture number or email me the picture number. Thanks and enjoy.

Joe. I am the guy that talked to you right before you went out for your race. Here are the pics I took. If you are in these any of these photos just email me and I can send you a full size copy all of these have been downsized to save room. Send me a private message with the picture number or email me the picture number. Thanks and enjoy.

What size are the original files? Under a meg? Anyway, drop me an email. I can set you up with the access you need to upload to tripleateam.com or you can just register in the ORV gallery and you will automatically get a user gallery:),,,, free hosting for you if you like,, you can upload video as well. Thanks for the pics man! not everyone does that.

joe@jetskinews.com

molleedawg,

You gota try the gallery man,,, you are going to love it. There are some super cool features for uploading. The one I like the best is publish to the web right from your desktop. I upload hundred of pics at a time with a few clicks. Also, the gallery builds your thumbnails, sized images and retains the original file size. Users can add comments to each picture. You can search, and it searches the comments,, super cool.

Joe.........