Fork Assembly Question/Help!: TE 450 2006

I decided to swap the stock 7.5W fork oil for some 5 W and while disassembling the fork I encountered a problem. I loosened the 19 mm "nut" at the very bottom of the fork and now I can't get it to tighten during re-assembly! It just spins when I apply the socket wrench and I can't see how to secure it from the inside. Any experts out there with a suggestion?

Thanks for any info,

Steve

OK, I think I figured it out myself. First, you can find manuals for the fork online at:

http://marzocchi.com/template/listSPAManuals.asp?IDFolder=180&LN=UK&Sito=moto

It appears a special tool is needed to properly remove the bottom "nut" assembly. I was able to tighten mine by screwing the fork cap onto the damping rod, pushing it down into the fork (hard), and then tightening the 19mm "nut" at the bottom.

Steve

Thanks for the link, but I could not get past the babe in the header...

No expert but try using a air rachet. It will spin real quick & sometimes catches enough to tighten. Be careful & don't use a lot of torque or let up as soon as you feel it getting tight. Then use your socket or allen head to finish the job. This has worked for me. :applause: Good luck!

I was able to tighten mine by screwing the fork cap onto the damping rod, pushing it down into the fork (hard), and then tightening the 19mm "nut" at the bottom.

not sure if it applies to the zokes, but with WP forks you can also press sideways on the damper rod (at the top of the fok) to get it to stop spinning so you can tighten the nut. i have used that method and your method with success, but your method is hard to do with only one pair of hands.

Use a impactnutrunner, in most cases it vill tighten up. Push the pumprod down at the same time.

A correct torque for USD forks is 60-65 Nm.

Do NOT bend pumprod sideways. :applause:

Here in Sweden we use SAE 5 forkoil and 100-115 mm oillevel with plastic spacer in when we check oillevel . For enduro riding.

Regards Klas

:bonk: