Torn rotater recovery

I crashed on a triple about 8 weeks ago and took the hit with my right shoulder and side. :applause: I had a big bruise on my hip and injured my kidney ( High bun and creatine) 8 days later I crashed again. ? My bike started swapping and I could not hold on to it because of my right shoulder. This time I took the hit on my left shoulder. ? I should have taken some time off at this point or sooner but the weather was great and it looked like it was going to snow for the winter so I went ahead and got in one more good hit to the right shoulder before I quit for a few weeks. ? My shoulders have both hurt equally bad since. I have been doing some stretches and that seems to help a little, Exercises but not all exercises seem to inflame them worse. 3 weeks ago I went and discussed the whole situation with my doctor? and he ran a few tests he told me 99% two torn rotater cuffs. Options surgery and two months rehab each or 9-12 months to heal. go ahead and ride if you can stand it, dont crash anymore. gave me a prescription for some steroid pack (6,5,4,3,2,1) that would give me some dramatic relief which it did and I actualy did a 3 day motocross weekend with no serious pain or problems. :bonk: Now the inflamation is back I can some what control it with Ibuprofin but this is bad for my kidneys, which the bun and creatine are going down but still high. I have kind of stange shooting pains that go down my biceps and triceps and can really sting at times usually when I have to move or respond quickly for example I am riding pulling back on the bars and suddenly I have to take a hit that forces me to push on the bars it stings so bad that I just let go of the bars and crash thats why I crashed the last two times. I am 44 years old and a complete idiot ? any recomendations?

You need an MRI on both shoulders to see how extensive the tears are. If they are partial tears get them fixed via surgery ASAP. Stop riding for right now because one bad crash and you can completely rupture the rotator cuff and that will make for a completely different and more difficult rehab. A partial tear means its still intact and that they need to sew them back together (lamens terms). You do not want a complete tear!! So stop riding right now and try to get those MRI's. Sounds like you were on Prednisone, which is a steriod and strong anti-inflammatory but it did not take because you were a bonehead and kept riding and did not give your body enough rest to fix itself. :applause:

For a partial tear I would not say 12 months rehab, but for a complete tear I would. I would say a partial tear rehab to be around 4-6 months. Remember once the rotator cuff is torn it is never the same. :bonk: Do yourself a favor and rest!