How in the hell....

I had a lot of trouble with that too. I ended up just letting the spring rest behind the mount point for months. Works just fine that way. Pegs still fold and spring back.

Weeks later, a friend of mine was helping me with my rear brake and managed to get the spring in the right place. I went around to the other side of the bike and did the same.

I think you have to fold the peg up, but that might not be right.

There is a hole on the side of the peg and that was where I was trying to get the hooked end of the spring to catch, but when I looked at the other stock peg that was still mounted I could see that the spring hooks over the top of the peg in the slot that is cut there. It ends up looking like the stock pegs did with the stright end in the bike frame and the hooked end of the spring over the top of the peg in the slot (not in the hole that is just below the slot), if that makes any sense.

:applause: I got some good advice by someone here on this forum -- don't remember who. I tried for a long time before reading their post with no success. Put the pins through part way, loop the spring over the top, and then simultaneously push the pin through the rest of the way. The first one took a little practice, but the second one went right on. Good luck and don't kill yourself! :bonk:

I dont rember having any trouble with mine. I think that I had to hold the peg as if it was folded or something.

That's what I did and it worked fine. Got the spring to sit on the edge of were it's supposed to be on the peg, folded it up a little bit and used a hook to drag it that last few mm before it popped into the correct place.