Sign in to follow this  

Riding in Bellingham

Me and a buddy are gonna head up to bellingham to go riding tomorrow. The only problem is, is I forgot how to get there.

Can anyone give me directions on how to get there from Mt Vernan area? I don't want to go to Hannigan (track), but the trails area, the one w/ the big gravel pit. If anyone can give directions, that would be great. Thanks.

Well I'll tell you how to get there but first you should know that Doug Sutherland and his cronies at the DNR closed it on December 1st of this year. It is now only open to STREET legal plated vehicles and for use of the roads only. No pit riding or Trails. Whether they can or are enforcing this is another question.

Take I5 north to Sunset Drive (Mt. Baker Highway) exit. Turn right. Go east about 30 min. to Mosquito Lake road. Turn right again. follow Mosquito Lake road down over the river and take the first left North Fork Road. Follow the North Fork to the Pit.

What? Are you seriuos? Theres no more riding up there unless you have a plate? Thats dumb.

So, is that the only place to go up there then? I knew there was the gravel pit area, but is there anywhere else besides hannigan?

Damn that pisses me off...

Make that NOTHING here without a plate. This is now the "Dead Zone". Trade youre bike for some birkenstocks.

Make that NOTHING here without a plate. This is now the "Dead Zone". Trade youre bike for some birkenstocks.

And don't for get the green coat that appears to be made out of some kind of felt. Freakin Elves!

So you managed to find your way out of the Duck blind You riding today?