Sign in to follow this  

Lisbon - Dakar

The Dakar rally is starting in Lisbon this year and I had to go check the cars and bikes out.

Here are some pictures.

Img006.jpg

Img004.jpg

Img002.jpg

Img007.jpg

Img001.jpg

wow, that is awesome. i would love to say that i finished the dakar rally, but i doubt that will ever happen

it amazes me to watch those guy driving them huge trucks... jumping them and all...

If you'd be racing a repsol/red bull ktm it would be easier to finish!

They have an amazing team structure: One mechanic per bike, plus one engine engineer, one tyre engineer, 3 trucks, a few cars...

They race 11 bikes and have a team of more than 30 people!! It's incredible!!

If I'd do a Dakar I would surely go on one of those big trucks, they look confortable :applause:

It starts tomorrow and they are expecting around 200.000 people in Lisbon to see them start :bonk:

Thanks for the pics, their bikes are so heavy... :applause: Oh well, I would still love to ride one, and I would love to do the Dakar one of these days.

Godov,

Thanks for those pictures. Most of us can only dream of entering that race, let alone finishing it. :cry: They say (Scott Harden) that racing the Dakar is like riding 18, Baja 1000s in a row, one each day. Thats the Baja 1000 that goes from Ensenada to La Paz. That would be a lot of riding. Thanks again for the pics! :applause::bonk::cry:

Don't some of the trucks get hijacked in that race? I thought sometimes they do. :applause: