Witch first PIPE or CARB ??

I have a S that I love and I'm getting ready for more power (sm did it to me) ima go fcr and pipe (yosh or muzz)

seeing how the 2 mods are about the same price (4 to $500 range) what would you do first?

I'm thinking the fcr.

Dave

Imho: Fcr

Indeed,

1) The FCR

2) The muzzy, as it is way cheaper compared to the Yosh and should give you good results, maybe not the best

Noppy

I did the exhaust first and once I had ridden a bike with the FCR...I wish had gone FCR first.

For me exhaust first then FCR. I doubt the FCR difference would be so dramatic if the bike was still corked up. Uncorking the motor is almost always the best first mod...no matter if it is a bike or car or truck.

For me exhaust first then FCR. I doubt the FCR difference would be so dramatic if the bike was still corked up. Uncorking the motor is almost always the best first mod...no matter if it is a bike or car or truck.

You've got a point, Bill.

I haven't done the FCR, but I would think a lot of the corking is on the intake side. I bet it would still be a big difference doing the 3X3 airbox mod + FCR even with the stock exhaust.

FRC if you want to be a technical guru, but doing the exhaust is much more straight forward. . . I think the FCR conversion happens when you are on the site for a bit and just take all the info in.

Have you ridden a stock E compared to a stock S?

Carb all the way.

I agree with most others here. If I had it all to do over again, I'd definitely do the carb first!

no i haven't ridden a E or drz with fcr. I will be doing pipe and fcr. Its just well I guess I'm asking those that have done it to see if they had to do it over again would they go fcr first.

witch im think im getting a yes on.

i went pipe first only because the first thing i did to any bike was a pipe but after i put the fcr on well.....just do the fcr and see how big your grinn is after you ride it. :bonk:

05drzsm,3x3,39mm-fcrmx,full yosh rs3 ex.it pulls weelies in 3rd :applause:

Great Question Daves7m, thanks for asking it since I've been thinking the exact same thing. I've seen fcr39 carbs on ebay for just under $300, are these the ones that will fit the drz S? Am I better off getting a new one for around 5 or 600 and just bolting it on? Will I need throttle cables for the fcr or will the stock ones work?