Sign in to follow this  

Witch first PIPE or CARB ??

I have a S that I love and I'm getting ready for more power (sm did it to me) ima go fcr and pipe (yosh or muzz)

seeing how the 2 mods are about the same price (4 to $500 range) what would you do first?

I'm thinking the fcr.

Dave

Indeed,

1) The FCR

2) The muzzy, as it is way cheaper compared to the Yosh and should give you good results, maybe not the best

Noppy

For me exhaust first then FCR. I doubt the FCR difference would be so dramatic if the bike was still corked up. Uncorking the motor is almost always the best first mod...no matter if it is a bike or car or truck.

For me exhaust first then FCR. I doubt the FCR difference would be so dramatic if the bike was still corked up. Uncorking the motor is almost always the best first mod...no matter if it is a bike or car or truck.

You've got a point, Bill.

I haven't done the FCR, but I would think a lot of the corking is on the intake side. I bet it would still be a big difference doing the 3X3 airbox mod + FCR even with the stock exhaust.

FRC if you want to be a technical guru, but doing the exhaust is much more straight forward. . . I think the FCR conversion happens when you are on the site for a bit and just take all the info in.

I agree with most others here. If I had it all to do over again, I'd definitely do the carb first!

no i haven't ridden a E or drz with fcr. I will be doing pipe and fcr. Its just well I guess I'm asking those that have done it to see if they had to do it over again would they go fcr first.

witch im think im getting a yes on.

i went pipe first only because the first thing i did to any bike was a pipe but after i put the fcr on well.....just do the fcr and see how big your grinn is after you ride it. :bonk:

05drzsm,3x3,39mm-fcrmx,full yosh rs3 ex.it pulls weelies in 3rd :applause:

Great Question Daves7m, thanks for asking it since I've been thinking the exact same thing. I've seen fcr39 carbs on ebay for just under $300, are these the ones that will fit the drz S? Am I better off getting a new one for around 5 or 600 and just bolting it on? Will I need throttle cables for the fcr or will the stock ones work?