bike seized (my fault)

rigth guys.

i seized my bike and its my fault. i think i starved the engine of oil. i put enough gear box oil in etc, i put the spring at the wrong end of the filter. i was riding up a hill, and all of a sudden she came to a dead stop, and i heard a slight crunching noise!!!! and i thought it was probably the chain come off or something stupid. but then, the kick starter would not move! and would not bump start!

got back to the pits, took filter cover off and couldn't see a spring.... later found it inside the filter at the wrong end.

and people in the pits said the oil looked hot!

help! how much will it cost?

what would have gone wrong?

cheers

adam

lol, i thought u ment it got seized by the cops or the goverment or something.

rigth guys.

i seized my bike and its my fault. i think i starved the engine of oil. i put enough gear box oil in etc, i put the spring at the wrong end of the filter. i was riding up a hill, and all of a sudden she came to a dead stop, and i heard a slight crunching noise!!!! and i thought it was probably the chain come off or something stupid. but then, the kick starter would not move! and would not bump start!

got back to the pits, took filter cover off and couldn't see a spring.... later found it inside the filter at the wrong end.

and people in the pits said the oil looked hot!

help! how much will it cost?

what would have gone wrong?

cheers

adam

What bike do you have. im guessing a KXF. but what size and year

1: it might help if we knew what bike you ride :thumbsup:make model year (yes I see your user name)

2: This is the general forum,,, this post will be better responded to with specific info on a bike specific forum. I will move it once I know what you ride.

3: As for cost,,,,, way to early to even guess... you have to do some work first, or have it done.... if it is as you say an oil starvation issue,, it can go form simple top end to every piece in the motor that has metal to metal contact and was supposed to be lubricated.. valve train down to the tranny. Any guess without knowing what was damaged,, is a wild BS guess.

1: it might help if we knew what bike you ride :thumbsup:make model year (yes I see your user name)

2: This is the general forum,,, this post will be better responded to with specific info on a bike specific forum. I will move it once I know what you ride.

3: As for cost,,,,, way to early to even guess... you have to do some work first, or have it done.... if it is as you say an oil starvation issue,, it can go form simple top end to every piece in the motor that has metal to metal contact and was supposed to be lubricated.. valve train down to the tranny. Any guess without knowing what was damaged,, is a wild BS guess.

bump, bronco is rite!! btw when u seize a bike, do don't to kick or bump start it, you will do more damage!!

bump, bronco is rite!! btw when u seize a bike, do don't to kick or bump start it, you will do more damage!!

I have siezed bikes in the past and i will bump start mine backwards to un-sieze the bike so i can push it home or to the truck.

I have siezed bikes in the past and i will bump start mine backwards to un-sieze the bike so i can push it home or to the truck.

a simple piston seized to the cyl,, sure, the damage is done,, and your replacing the damages parts anyway.. unless it seized hard,, then you might cost yourself a rod and crank,, and not just a piston kit and cyl bore.

But a lack of oil seize, with a "crunch" heard :applause: .. I think I'd be brining the truck to the bike for that one

That happened to me I was riding up a hill and it just stoped. Although the kick starter was jammed I managed to get it into neutral and get it home. I ripped the engine apart and it turned out to be the needle bearing on the crank, which means I have to split the cases.

hey, im back now, its a 2006 kxf250. it has been run in properly and only done a half lap (after it had been warmed up for 10 mins and had an oil change.

adam