Numberplate Heatshield............

If you buy new number plates, should you glue some kind of aluminum foil under the plate on the pipe side? I know all the OEM plates come with it on the pipe side, but does it come with aftermarket plates too....or is it something that is really not important? :applause: Will the pipe melt the plate.....?

I used cooling and heating tape from Lowe's. Works great! I know someone who rides the same bike as myself. (06 yz250f)and bubbled the heck out of brand new pre-printed number.. I learned from this and used this tape, no problems.. :applause:

I have aftermarket plates on my bike and i dont think it has heat shields on it.I think i have enough clearence to not worry about it. It is never a bad idea though. I think they make heat shield tape insted of just foil.My bike is a 2-Stroke, i dont know if that matters or not.

I used cooling and heating tape from Lowe's. Works great! I know someone who rides the same bike as myself. (06 yz250f)and bubbled the heck out of brand new pre-printed number.. I learned from this and used this tape, no problems.. :applause:

Noted!!