Sign in to follow this  

Header powder coating

Has anyone done the powder coat on their headers? I saw a set from a car done in silver and it looked great.

There is a listing for Young Gun Performance coatings in cycle news. Is this the Young Gun that is a member of TT.

I had the jet-hot treatment to my XR400 applied about a week ago. Looks reallty good. Will provide a review in a few weeks.

I am installed the 440 kit and from comments I read the jet-hot coating may help with performance. Besides it looks trick and is not very expensive.

Tom

I had mine done a few months ago...in kinda dull titanium color...the chrome standard is pretty flashy and that's just not me. But anyway, I couldn't be more happy with the coating, within a minute of shutting down the engine the headers are just warm...and they never get nearly as hot as before. I don't think it added any appreciable performance gain, but I know my chances of gettnig burned are much reduced.

I paid $75 USD at a local powder/ceramic coater.

I got a quote from this place, but never got it done. They are in TN.

http://www.amr-coatings.com/

They said

"THE PRICE WOULD BE ABOUT

$100.00 TO COAT INSIDE AND OUT

+ RETURN SHIPPING"

I liked the inside being coated. If you just coat the outside, the header steel is subjected to extra heat. Does that matter? I don't know, but if it's coated inside then I assume it would not be an issue.

It is Big Gun that does the ceramic coatings. The pipes are coated inside and out, and are kind of chrome-silver in color. Will submit photos soon of A-looped XR440 dual-sport, with Big Gun Evo-X exhaust. :applause::bonk:

There is a listing for Young Gun Performance coatings in cycle news. Is this the Young Gun that is a member of TT.

The YoungGun on TT really is young, he's only about 16.