Sign in to follow this  

Talon hub users, replacement rotor screws?

Anybody strip their rotor bolt heads on those pretty screws that came with your wheels/hubs? The wheel set that I bought on ebay came with a few stripped heads. I'd rather get the coated screws instead of using OEM or similar.

Motostrano hasn't called back and East Coast Wheels is closed so I'm looking to see if anybody else had the same issue, and maybe an alternate source for coated screws.

Thanks,

Michael

Anybody strip their rotor bolt heads on those pretty screws that came with your wheels/hubs? The wheel set that I bought on ebay came with a few stripped heads. I'd rather get the coated screws instead of using OEM or similar.

Motostrano hasn't called back and East Coast Wheels is closed so I'm looking to see if anybody else had the same issue, and maybe an alternate source for coated screws.

Thanks,

Michael

I stripped a few. I also stripped a sprocket screw head. I got mine OEM at a dealer because East Coast never sent me my extra ones when I bought my SM setup. I figured instead of waiting a looooong time I'd just bite the bullet and pay for them. They aren't cheap going OEM...this I promise. Go through Ronayers.com, they'll be cheaper through them even with the shipping is my guess. I looked all through hardware stores for replacements. I could never find the right thing.

Thanks Jeff. So the OEM screws work fine on the Talon hubs?

If I go OEM I'll go through the TT store. They've hooked me up real good so far for a bunch of OEM stuff.

Thanks,

Michael

'00S->SM

'05 CRF250X

'99 XR100

I took the bolt to the local shop. They gave me some bolts with slightly different heads and they were slightly longer...but they worked fine.

total cost: $4.83 for a dozen of the bolts.

If I go OEM I'll go through the TT store. They've hooked me up real good so far for a bunch of OEM stuff.

I tried to get pricing from the TT store for OEM stuff and they never responded. My guess was they want you to join them first before they would bother answering pricing questions.

I tried to get pricing from the TT store for OEM stuff and they never responded. My guess was they want you to join them first before they would bother answering pricing questions.

Not true, I called to ask some prices and availablities and they returned my phone call about 2 hours later. I hadn't paid anything yet.