Sign in to follow this  

Twinbar

Hey anyone have any input on this for an 06 250F, looking for feedback and also the different bends.

You need 1 1/8" mounts. You can order from Kawasaki if you want the stock look or use after market which is much less expensive. I used Pro Taper mounts with Twinwalls on my 2006 KXF250 with no problem but the look is not as good as to stock color.

With the Twinwalls, Pro-Tapers and FatBars you need oversized clamps. Standard is 7/8", oversized is 1 1/8".

They are the only bars I will use (McGrath bend). Highly recommend taking the crossbrace off though. Otherwise, they are way too stiff. Don't worry about not running the crossbar, I've been doing it for several years with no problems...

They are the only bars I will use (McGrath bend). Highly recommend taking the crossbrace off though. Otherwise, they are way too stiff. Don't worry about not running the crossbar, I've been doing it for several years with no problems...

Why not just run a FatBar then?

Because the Twinwall has the only bend bar I will use => McGrath

I've noticed they keep changing names on the bars but the bends remain the same. The McGrath bend is probably now called the Windham or Carmichael bend, just look at the spec's for the bars. Before that, they were probably the DeCoster bend or the Hanna bend. :applause:

Thanks guys went with the Twinwall with the windum bend, went all out and went with the triple clamp upper and lower from Pro Circuit. Thanks for the help.

I've noticed they keep changing names on the bars but the bends remain the same. The McGrath bend is probably now called the Windham or Carmichael bend, just look at the spec's for the bars. Before that, they were probably the DeCoster bend or the Hanna bend. :applause:

Kevin: there is a McGrath bend and it is definitely different than the Carmichael or Windham. Those bars are swept back too much for my liking. There are a bunch of McGrath bend bars out there and they are all different. The Twinwall McGrath bend is the only bar I've been able to find that is close to the one McGrath used in the mid '90's when he was kickin butt in SX. In my opinion it has the best feel for standing up and forward on your bike. Not as good sitting down though.

Put on the twinwalls but they sent me the wrong clamps for the Triple clamp Pro Circuit. Had to use temporary the Pro Taper universal mounts bars are now about 3/4 an inch higher. I really like them that way. Anyone else raise theirs.

use anyone of those bars

but whatever you do do not go for protaper bars

on my old 80 i had for 2 years i went through 2 kinda bars

brand you contours(which came with the bike) which lasted for 3 months and renthal fatbars which lasted me the rest and the person that i sold it to has still got them on