Sign in to follow this  

Handlebars

I have a YZ and want to put on a set of new bars that are taller. I seem to have to bend over quite far while standing up. I have Henry bend Pro Tapers now. I know that Dwight says he likes the Moose flex mini bars. Has anyone tryed the Pastrana FMX bend from Pro Taper? The Pro Taper's are 25mm wider, 21mm taller and have the same sweep or pull back as the Moose mini bars.

you got monkey arms or what?I think the henry's are pretty tall already.have you looked at pro-tapers website to see what the tallest is.I ran the henry bend on my kx and I seemed to be the only one that liked them.I have bent every form of bars except the pro-tapers sp I would stick to them.

Yup. I got the info from the Moose book and the Pro Taper web site. If i ride sitting down, it's fine. But im starting to stand alot more and bending over so far just doesn't work! I had the same bars on my old KX also and thought it was pretty good. They just don't work that well on the YZ for me. I would prefer to stay with Pro Tapers too. I have crash tested them many times and they work VERY well IMO. Im just wondering if anyone has tryed the FMX bars?

I have seen and heard stories of broken Pro Taper bars. If you don't have the mounts then stick with the 7/8s bar. I have had good luck with the Moose bar.

Are you planning on riding woods or desert or MX. I wonder why you want an inch wider bar ?

Dwight

It's the rise i was interested in, I ride woods. Im a Machinist, so taking the bars down to 29" or 30" isn't a problem. I have the setup for the fat bars right now and don't want to switch back if i don't need to. I too have seen broken Pro Tapers, but i have had good luck with them so far.

It's the rise i was interested in, I ride woods. Im a Machinist, so taking the bars down to 29" or 30" isn't a problem. I have the setup for the fat bars right now and don't want to switch back if i don't need to. I too have seen broken Pro Tapers, but i have had good luck with them so far.

Cutting bars down can be a problem if there isn't enough clearance for your controls. That is why I like the Moose Flex series Mini bar. It is taller than a CR Hi bend . Taller than stock KTM bars.

How tall are you ? How much taller do you want over what you have. What are you using now ? Height ?

Renthal Enduro bend is 99mm tall

Mini bend is 118 mm tall

Tag T2 Yz Dbl Hi is 104mm tall

Moose Flex Mini is 100mm tall.

I have the Henry Pro taper's right now. They have a 92mm rise with a 57mm sweep. The Pastrana FMX bars have a 121mm rise with a 55mm sweep. The sweep is pretty close and i would be getting 1.18" of extra rise. I would be taking less than 1/2" off of each side to get it to the width i need it to be, so there would be plenty of room for the controls

I just got the Pastrana FMX but haven't put them on the bike yet so I can't say if I like them or not, but my guess is that I will. I have to bend a little too much when standing which bothers my lower back, so I think the extra height will help. Plus they're narrow, I don't think they will need to be cut down.

I just got the Pastrana FMX but haven't put them on the bike yet so I can't say if I like them or not, but my guess is that I will. I have to bend a little too much when standing which bothers my lower back, so I think the extra height will help. Plus they're narrow, I don't think they will need to be cut down.

Now here is a guy that is feeling my pain! :applause: When you get a chance to try em out, let me know what you think. Im sure you're dealing with the snow now like me, but spring is comming sooner than you think! :bonk: