Sign in to follow this  

Gaerne sg10 carbon-white HOLY CRAP

I have yet to use them but holy crap are they a bad azz looking and feeling boot...I have had tech 8's and tech 6's but those where nothing compared to these bad boys....

I agree. Mine are so much more comfortable than my Tech 8's, and they have a much better rear brake feel. Did you get the '06 boots with the silver? My buddy has the '05 boots that have the black instead of silver and they don't look nearly as trick.

I will never buy Alpinstar boots again. I'm with you guys on the SG-10s. I've had mine for 2 rides now and I love them. They are so much more comfortable, and the hinge really improves brake and shifter feel. Much better than my old Tech 8s.

Bought my son some new Tech 10's for Xmas. Kind of weird how only the white ones have the ventilation system. Found them online for $340 too! :applause:

I just ordered SG10s yesterday from my sponsor, I'll get them next week. I have heard nothing but praise for this boot, even against the Tech10. From what I know, people are pissed that Alpinestars didn't put a harder compound for the soles. They get eaten up just as fast as the Tech8s.

I love my Tech8s, but I am ready for the SG10s.

Bought my son some new Tech 10's for Xmas. Kind of weird how only the white ones have the ventilation system. Found them online for $340 too! :applause:

I got mine at ebay on $345+$65 in shipping.

I got the grey and red ones :bonk: Is there anything special that i should do to the boots before my ''break in'' Ride????

I wore Tech 10's this whole season and I thought they were the best boot out there untill I got my Berik's for christmas. My god, i love them.

I wore Tech 10's this whole season and I thought they were the best boot out there untill I got my Berik's for christmas. My god, i love them.

You got them 5 days ago and their already broke in?

Are you riding in New Jersy this time of year or are you just wearing them around the house?

You got them 5 days ago and their already broke in?

Are you riding in New Jersy this time of year or are you just wearing them around the house?

the first time i wore my sg-10's was in a race, they feel great from day one :applause:

I hate to be the downer to this SG-10 session, but I bought mine, a few months ago after wearing out a pair of Tech 6's after 2 yrs. It took about 6 rides before they felt comfortable. On the 6th ride, the buckle broke. The plastic piece where the adjustment strape goes into. 2 rides after that, the strape that wrapped around the ankle and has a screw in it fell out. Now, just last week, after taking a small endo, the steel toe part of the boot flexed so far back, it broke my 3rd Metatarsal in my foot. Needless to say, I havent had the best expierience with my SG-10's. I am personally considering going back to Alpines... Just my .02 cents....

BTW... Here the pic:

ChrisFootXray.jpg