IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Where can I find just the header pipe to mount to stock muffler?

All,

I see mufflers all over the place but where can I get a decent header pipe to bolt on directly to the stock muffler?

Thanks in advance, :applause:

Karl G.

Four Stroke Works has them.

Thank you! :applause: I was racking my brain trying to figure out what "FSW" was!

I ordered the header from them just now.

I noticed that they also sell the pumper carbs. I may do that mod in the summer.

I also saw that the Dyno Jet kits are recommended. Are those the ones made by Moose Racing?

Karl G.

I put a Big Gun header on my 2000 KLX300R. I'm pretty sure I still have the stocker.

I'd ordered a Big Gun EVO X but they were backordered and credited me. After reading so many people say they like the stock can with the aftermarket header, I decided to go that route.

I had a Big Gun Race series exhaust on my TTR-250 and that and a rejet 2 sizes up made a hell of a difference in power! :applause:

Karl G.

I have a Supertrapp can, Big Gun header, Mikuni pumper carb, and an open airbox. It rocks and doesn't stay too far behind my WR426! If you want it I'll ship you my stock header for $15 (assuming I still have it).

Oh DUH!!! I just realized you were after an aftermarket header. Sorry.

I have a Supertrapp can, Big Gun header, Mikuni pumper carb, and an open airbox. It rocks and doesn't stay too far behind my WR426! If you want it I'll ship you my stock header for $15 (assuming I still have it).

Paul, my bad. I meant that I was looking for an aftermarket header. I should have been more clear, sorry.

Thanks for the offer of the stock header though!

Karl

Thank you! :applause: I was racking my brain trying to figure out what "FSW" was!

I also saw that the Dyno Jet kits are recommended. Are those the ones made by Moose Racing?

Karl G.

DynoJet makes the kits. Other companies just put their name on the box.

Ride on

Brewster

DynoJet makes the kits. Other companies just put their name on the box.

Ride on

Brewster

Ahhhh, very good! I ordered one as well as the FSW header.

Karl

Ahhhh, very good! I ordered one as well as the FSW header.

Karl

Did you order the carb kit from FSW? They put their own kit together. I don't remember hearing about how effective it is. ANYBODY HERE TRIED IT?

Ride on

Brewster

Did you order the carb kit from FSW? They put their own kit together. I don't remember hearing about how effective it is. ANYBODY HERE TRIED IT?

Ride on

Brewster

Bruce, Jerry dropped one in Corey's 331 after we had them rebuilt. He says he doesn't like the dynojet kits cause they run too rich and wash down the upper cylinder with gas (his words not mine). The first thing I saw Corey do after he fired up the bike and let it warm up was hit 3rd and pull a wheelie for about 50 yards. :applause: So I guess it ran OK, eh? Smur has one in his stock bore 300 w/ Stroker exhaust and it seems to run good, but he says he has trouble pulling up the front end, so I am suspect as to whether it is as good as the dj kit.

I also have one of Jerry's jet kits in my 300. Been working on getting it dialed in and have no problems with getting the front end up. Although, I do want to get an FCR. A buddy also has one of his kits in a 250 and it seems to work good as well. I also have no experience with the DJ kit so I can't help with a comparison.