Kickstand Bolt

last year about Jan Feb 2005 there was a good post thread about home made mods to the auto stand to defeat the auto feature. The post title was suicide stand mods or something. I was worried in my garage the bike would fall...........but after two months I really like the quick up stand in the field when I'm riding so I did not mod my stand.

I can tell you this the husky stand is a race stand meaning it's light and not real secure.........minimalist design.. so treat it that way. the bolts tend to loosen early in your bike life like after 5 rides check the tightness............guys have lost bolts falling off on the trails. DO NOT SIT on the bike with stand down or over compensate for the seemingly fragile stand up by forcing the stand out more with your foot............you will bend the hinge plate.......it is replaceable.

The other day I was warming up my bike when it managed to idle itself off the stand! I can see that only a different bolt without the head is required.

I understand that this is a lightweight racing kick stand but just wanted to see if the bolt was available? Thanks for the warning about the bolt loosening however this was one of the bolts that got 242ed during the set up.

Aloha

PS As soon as I'm done replacing my turn signals I'm going to ride to the north shore and check out the waves in the hot sun....

:applause:

IMG_4121.jpg

RandD do a replacement bolt,and an alloy front hex bolt for the forks,they are closed

for the hols,dont know when they open,did a stopover in your spot from a Canadian ski

trip and when on a bus tour for the day,the main thing I wanted to see was the North Shore in action,stopped at Sunset,3MITREs,10feet, and pumping,for 5 lousy minutes,all they wanted to show me was PINAPPLE FARMS,go figure?

RandD do a replacement bolt,and an alloy front hex bolt for the forks,they are closed

for the hols,dont know when they open,did a stopover in your spot from a Canadian ski

trip and when on a bus tour for the day,the main thing I wanted to see was the North Shore in action,stopped at Sunset,3MITREs,10feet, and pumping,for 5 lousy minutes,all they wanted to show me was PINAPPLE FARMS,go figure?

We may have some big ones this week.

SURF ZONE FORECAST...COR

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI

900 AM HST THU DEC 29 2005

OAHU-

900 AM HST THU DEC 29 2005

HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR THE NORTH FACING SHORES THROUGH 12 PM HST FRIDAY

Surf along north facing shores will be 10 to 15 feet lowering to 8 to 12 feet later this morning. Expect surf to start building tonight, reaching heights of 15 to 20 feet by Friday afternoon and to 25 feet by early evening.

102-0254_IMG.jpg

I guess this is what happens when you have 1 week off from work???

:bonk:????

A whole lot off nothing. I was supposed to take down the Christmas lights, finish painting the house, change the oil in the cars, etc, etc. Instead I adjusted my float level to 8-9mm, played with my jetting, broke turn signals, installed turn signals, blew my subs in my truck, changed my bikes oil, ordered a Breathalyzer from ebay :applause: , and modified my kickstarter bolt. Wifes going to be real happy when she finds out I plan on going to the strip bar tonight. :bonk:

Oh well... Its 3:45pm I got 3 more hours of sunlight, maybe I can at least cut the grass. Hey that means a few beers while I'm mowing...... :bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

?

Oh yea the pics.

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

The first day I got my TE450, I had just washed the mud off it after the first ride, I started it to let it run to dry anything that got wet due to the washing. It was idleing in the driveway and I went into the house to take a leak. The wife calls down and says "How come you have the Husky laying on it's side"? The bike had fell over on the concrete due to the sui-stand. It was a good thing I had put the Cycra tripple clamp guards on or I would have been ordering up juice clutch control parts. The sui-stand was gone the same day. I just made a bushing out of tubing and put a regular bolt in. I threw the long headed capture bolt as far as I could into the woods. I have neer had a problem with the strengh or integrity of the stand or mounting.