Called my local Kawasaki dealer for info on recalls

I called my local Kawasaki dealer a while ago to find out if my bike had any recalls on it. I gave him my VIN and he said no recalls were made on my particular model 2002 KLX 300R. I asked him further about the idle gear/ACR issues and he said not to worry that my model was ok.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Karl G.

Karl, LOL! Just because Kawi has not made a recall for your KLX year (actually I'm not familiar with them EVER making a recall for any KLX's), that doesn't mean that there's not a serious problem. Get a new bushing on the idler, get the ACR re-timed and practice proper starting technique. If you do those things, you will stand a good chance against avoiding cracked cases and broken idler teeth. Dismiss it as un-necessary and jab at the starter like a 2 stroke and.......... :cry::cry::applause::bonk:

I called my local Kawasaki dealer a while ago to find out if my bike had any recalls on it. I gave him my VIN and he said no recalls were made on my particular model 2002 KLX 300R. I asked him further about the idle gear/ACR issues and he said not to worry that my model was ok.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Karl G.

I was under the impression that Kawi treats most of the KLX issues, as non-existant... in other words, I would NOT expect them to say, "Yeah, that might have a problem with the ACR & star gear! Bring it in quick, so we can fix it!!".

From what I've heard:

They seem to ignore the problems and hope you go away. They do not recognise any of our fix and improvment modifications, nor care to have anything to do with online websites that say this and that...

I still wonder if my bike comes with the same issue... seeing it's an electric start.... :applause:

KAWASAKI has never admitted to a problem with the idler gear but for some reason, they made changes to it......hmmmmmmm?

KAWASAKI has never admitted to a problem with the cracking gas tank but they don't argue about replacing them........hmmmmm?

How many KAWASAKI dealers even know that the ACR timing was changed in the late 2002 model?

Ride on

Brewster

How many KAWASAKI dealers even know that the ACR timing was changed in the late 2002 model?

Ride on

Brewster

Oh boy! A guessing game!!! :applause::bonk::cry:

First, let's guess how many even know what an ACR is? OK, my guess....22.8%.

Second, Bruce's question. How many know that the ACR timing was changed somewhere in mid-'02? I guess.......4.38% of the 22.8% - which comes .99864% (less than 1%) of all Kawi dealers. Of course these numbers necessitate that you actually speak to someone at a Kawi dealer that even KNOWS what a KLX is.

Am I right? What do I win? Does Kawi know I exist?

OK, never mind....I'll go crawl back into my hole now....... Sorry Kawi, I didn't mean any disrespect in trying to point out problems. :cry::cry:

I guess I'm too naive and trusting!

OK, OK, you guys have convinced me that it's better to be safe than sorry. :-)

Karl

LOL at your post Bill.

About a year ago before we sent our cam to Bruce for the ACR mod (while contributing to his cold beverage fund) :applause: I went to the local dealers to see how much difference it made. I was kicking a new one over when the owner of the dealership who I have known for years came out to visit. When I told him what I was doing his response was "Huh? They changed it?" :bonk:

Any way your percentages may be off because of this. Maybe you should refigure them. :cry:

Second, Bruce's question. How many know that the ACR timing was changed somewhere in mid-'02? I guess.......4.38% of the 22.8% - which comes .99864% (less than 1%) of all Kawi dealers. Of course these numbers necessitate that you actually speak to someone at a Kawi dealer that even KNOWS what a KLX is.:

And out of that .99864%, how many of them learned about it on TT? :applause:

Am I right? What do I win? Does Kawi know I exist?

Bill, congratulations!!!! Come on down!! Let's see what you've won!

Here in the envelope it says...................A ONE WAY TICKET TO YOUR NEAREST KAWASAKI DEALER :bonk::cry:

Ride on

Brewster

A one way ticket????? Now that is just cruel. :applause:

Bill, congratulations!!!! Come on down!! Let's see what you've won!

Here in the envelope it says...................A ONE WAY TICKET TO YOUR NEAREST KAWASAKI DEALER :applause::bonk:

Ride on

Brewster

Hmmmm. No thanks. I'd rather pay for a roundtrip ticket to my Yamaha dealer. :cry::cry::cry: