Sign in to follow this  

my possible move to ohio

A while back I was blowing smoke about moving to Ohio. Finally, after a year of trying to get this job, I got an email saying the offer letter should be sent within a few days. His hands were tied with finance etc. So, I'll be looking for new riding buddies next year that live around wilmington or somewhat close by. I've heard there is some good single track stuff within a hour or so. I'll probably live south of wilmington, we'll see. I have my fingers crossed!!! :applause:

There is a lot of good riding on unmarked stuff in southeastern and southcentral ohio. Also there are 3 sections of legal riding in Wayne National Forest.

Nelsonville area, Oak Hill area and Hanging Rock/Ironton area

Perry Forest is about the only good state riding area, you can ride anywhere there.

Near Richland Furnace is a lot of unmarked riding also and by Oak Hill is the "Highwall"

Hatfield McCoy Trails in West Virginia are a couple hours away and the single track at Rockhouse is kickass according to those brave enough to try it.The atv trails are nice also.

Also south east Kentucky has a lot of riding area that is free.

There is a lot of good riding within quick reach in central southern Ohio

There is a lot of good riding on unmarked stuff in southeastern and southcentral ohio. Also there are 3 sections of legal riding in Wayne National Forest.

Nelsonville area, Oak Hill area and Hanging Rock/Ironton area

Perry Forest is about the only good state riding area, you can ride anywhere there.

Near Richland Furnace is a lot of unmarked riding also and by Oak Hill is the "Highwall"

Hatfield McCoy Trails in West Virginia are a couple hours away and the single track at Rockhouse is kickass according to those brave enough to try it.The atv trails are nice also.

Also south east Kentucky has a lot of riding area that is free.

There is a lot of good riding within quick reach in central southern Ohio

Mostly what he said. I don't know about the unmarked stuff down there, but for "legal" stuff I would say expect to drive an hour or so. I agree that Perry is one of the best public places, and riding Enduros is the best way to ride real single track. Send me a PM when you're ready to ride.

I live near Wilmington, Im in Waynesville. I mostly ride on the track these days but do take a few trips to Wayne National and Haspin Acres every year. I would really like to hit Hatfield McCoy this year as well.

I got an email from the guy this morning asking me if I'd gotten the offer yet. That tells me one thing, it's in route!!! What are the lakes like during the winters down there? do they freeze up enough to ride on the ice? Thanks for the responces, I'm looking forward to eating your roost (or feeding it to you) :applause: .

Some years there will be a cold snap and the ponds and lakes will be froze enough to ride on, but not always. It's the same with snow, some years inches, or feet, other times nothing.