upchuck ride in angeles national forest on 1/1/06

i've heard about this ride for a while and everyone i ask tells me it is happening this year but nobody can give me any details.

i need to know where it will be starting and at what time. also do you need to be dualsported?

does anyone have any contact info for anyone from the sunland shamrocks motorcycle club?

I've never heard anything about it.... If it's an organized ride, there should be some info somewhere Anyone else??

From what I have heard the Upchuck run starts tomorrow morning ~8am-9am if the weather holds out. To get there:

Get to the town of Lake View Terrace. Take Osborne to Little Tujunga Canyon Rd, go into the canyon about 5-10 miles. Where the road climbs to a saddle/summit take a left turn onto a dirt road (road to hanglider point). Take this road about 1 mile to the starting point.

My first Upchuck run was 2 years ago. Last year was cancelled due to bad weather. I do not think that your bike has to be dual sported for this ride. If your truck can make it up the dirt road to the starting area (which has limited parking space and gets crowded early!) then you are probably ok. However this would probably make a good dual sport ride as well. I am not affiliated with or know anyone in the Shamrocks so this is just what I have heard and observed during my one and only Upchuck!

The ride was about 75 miles up and back. A small donation was welcome when I signed up. Hot dogs and sodas were served at the turn around point. A couple of trucks were there at the starting point to take gas jugs for refueling at the turn-around point.

Like I said, I am not affiliated with the Shamrocks, and I agree that they don't really advertise this ride. But there must have been at least 100 motorcycles on this ride in 2004. It's a nice ride on an otherwise closed road through the Angeles forest.

klxchris

i've heard about this ride for a while and everyone i ask tells me it is happening this year but nobody can give me any details.

i need to know where it will be starting and at what time. also do you need to be dualsported?

does anyone have any contact info for anyone from the sunland shamrocks motorcycle club?

i went and it was awesome. its the only organized group ride that i have ever done, so i don't have much to compare it to. either way, it was a great experience. i will be back next year.

if anyone has been to any other similar rides or knows of anything similar that happens anywhere local, let me know. i am looking for similar "fun" group rides. my crf230 is dual sported so i can do just about anything.

More details please. Where did the ride begin and what areas did you cover? Mileage, difficulty, all dirt or dualsport?

R

More details please. Where did the ride begin and what areas did you cover? Mileage, difficulty, all dirt or dualsport?

R

Would like to know also.. I live close to tujunga, and would like to know where I can ride over there