Sign in to follow this  

Silencer Screen

I have an 06 CRF 70 and what i was wanting some input on is does removing the screen from the silencer give that much of a performace gain and if it does how much louder does it make the bike? Also by doing this will i sacrifice bottom end power to gain top end due to the change in back pressure?

I took my end cap off for an hour or so and I really didn't think the power was worth the noise,but thats just me. check out a 13 tooth sprocket though it is well worth the $8.50 :applause:

I have an 06 CRF 70 and what i was wanting some input on is does removing the screen from the silencer give that much of a performace gain and if it does how much louder does it make the bike? Also by doing this will i sacrifice bottom end power to gain top end due to the change in back pressure?

Not sure about the power difference but you will get a nasty pop as you let off from full throttle due to the reduction in back pressure. Anyone know how to get rid of that pop? I'm running a BBR with the spark arrestor pulled. Everytime my son shuts off after a long straight, the bike pops like crazy.

Not sure about the power difference but you will get a nasty pop as you let off from full throttle due to the reduction in back pressure. Anyone know how to get rid of that pop? I'm running a BBR with the spark arrestor pulled. Everytime my son shuts off after a long straight, the bike pops like crazy.

Did you rejet your bike after putting the pipe on there?