3x3 and jetting

The FMF/DJ kit stage 2 instructions assume a standard pilot jet is used, so no need to change the PJ. It makes the mixture adjustment with the 3.5 turns on the fuel screw.

However, id you fit a bigger PJ, you can get away with less turns out on the fuel screw and so less chance of it shaking loose or dropping out.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! I did the Jet Kit mod way back in the day when Dyno Jet kit was for the S specific model. I am still under the idea i should be using a larger MJ than my 142.5 with a 3x3 hole and full yoshi system. Should i go up to a 147 - 150 MJ ?? It feels just a little light on top? ?

Thanks a lot

Richie

I've got a 155 main in my SM but I'm pretty sure that the SM kit needle is tapered way different from the S jet kit needle. I think you need both the needle and the bigger jet so it runs right through all the RPM's...not just the bottom or top.

I bought both kits. Bought the s kit first not knowing about the sm kit. The 'sm' needle is on the left and 's' needle is on the right:

needles.jpg

Notice the SM is fatter at the end, shorter, and the actual clip notches are lower. I found a marked improvement in the SM needle.

WGW