290 big bore kit??

Has anyone put a big bore kit on 03 wr250f or yzf??Or anyone no of someone???

I've got the Athena 290,and I love it....3rd gear takes me anywhere I want ,or need to go! :applause:

glenn

Thats the one i was thunking of doing.Any negative things about it and what else do you have to change?

I just bolted everything on that came with the kit,and it freakin' rolls. Just added a stock YZ pipe,on the WR,and now it really rolls!

glenn

Would i be better off with the ice cube or the athena 290.I race harescrambles in tennessee an find i am on the rev limiter alot.Would either help or hurt more or less?

Would i be better off with the ice cube or the athena 290.I race harescrambles in tennessee an find i am on the rev limiter alot.Would either help or hurt more or less?

Well, do you have $600 to spend, or $3000? Seems to me that the 315 kits are pretty awesome............I'd love to have one............but I don't have that kind of money to spend. For the money I spent on my Athena (<$600), I am pretty impressed. Still trying to fine tune jetting (mostly for starting......it runs good) though.

If I am not mistaken (which I may be) the power of the 290 is at a lower rpm and signs off pretty significantly at high rpm's. I don't really notice it on my bike because I ride at lower rpms. The 315 kit, I think, may do better throughout the range. If you stay on the limiter and can't change that style of riding, the 290 may not be as big of an improvement for you as it was for me???? (speculation only)

If money is no object, get the RPM 315...........and get me one too! :applause:

well,I know one thing.I do not even USE first gear anymore,anywhere,anytime!

glenn

I just put the 290 in yesterday. Nothing more than changing a piston really. Started 4th kick. I"n not messing with the jetting at this point. This is Mich, so the weather will be differant in 3 months. Can"t really ride it with the snow on the roads right now.

I would know how to ride if i lost RPM's i am in the rev 90% of the time.Iwas talking to people i ride with and they suggested th 262 stealth for my riding style.Heard anything? Thanks