2006 KX250f Aftermarket Exhaust

I am getting ready to buy a new 06 kx250f and i was curious, what is the best exhaust with a removeable spark arrestor for that bike. And is there a real need to purchase the head and muffler or just the slip on. Does the aftermarket (Bombs) really make a difference.

a full sytem you'll get way more gains than just a slip on

Have two '05 KXFs. One with Yoshi and other with PC full systems. If buying another I would go for the CHM. Costs less and gives great results.

Your '04 & '05 pipes don't apply to the '06! It's a very different motor. I've got a $900 pipe sitting in my garage to prove it...

Float: Granted the 06 motor is a variation of the 04/05 but you can still get decent results with an 05 pipe over stock. I am not sure why you would render all 05 pipes useless on an 06 based upon your 900.00 pipe that you did not like. Perhaps try a jetting change .... Maybe you have a dyno at your house or something ...

reelminn: Check out www.rocketexhaust.com if you want a TRICK pipe that makes actual dyno tested gains for the KX250f motor

Keep us posted on what you decided on and how you like it !

This motor may have a lot of different part numbers in it but it's still the same basic design. Sure the compression ratio's been increased and the heads been tweaked to improve volumetric efficiencies, but the fluid dynamics and acoustic characteristics have not fundamentally changed. IMHO, any systems that work well with the '05 will also work well with the '06. Long story short; I'm using my '05 system until somebody shows me why I should lay-out another 900 bucks. :applause:

When can I buy a Rocket Exhaust in a Ti version....& much does the stock 06 weigh vs Rocket Race full sys?<-----current ss sys?

There is a very good dyno chart in the new Dirt Rider that shows the '06 KX250F vs. the '06 RMZ250. Assuming that the '06 RMZ runs similarly to the '05's there is a difference of five Hp at 13,000 rpm. My point is that the '06 is tuned very differently that the older bikes and so should be the pipe. My WB carbon fiber pipe was a big improvement over stock on my '04. On my '06 it still pumps up the midrange but cuts off the upper rpm and in effect narrows the powerband. I am also wanting to get some reliable info on pipes for the '06 before I pluck down a pile of money but everytime someone posts that question on here seems like everyone just assumes that what worked on their '04 or '05 will also work on the '06. I respectfully don't agree...

goodtogo: I do not think the RE pipes will be available in Ti any time soon. You can email the owner directly and he will be more then happy to get you the details on weight, power output, and materials: don@rocketexhaust.com I LOVE my rocket exhaust, period.

Float: Have you considered contacting WB directly and ask them about some possible jetting changes for your carbon fiber pipe ? It is entirely possible that the pipe simply requires some jetting tweaks to get things back on track. I know my WB Pro series (lowboy Ti) pipe needed the main, the pilot, as well as the mixture all changed to get it to work correctly. Just a thought before you give up hope and 900 bucks worth of pipe !

I went to transworld website they had interview with the owner...& he said We will be introducing titanium/carbon later this year or early next year. So in that category we are ten to 20 per cent under the current market leaders..

:applause:

Just picked up a Pro Circuit system TI Racer X had a great article about how impressed they were with this on the 06. They did not even have to do any jetting changes. I am installing today. Will let you know how it goes.

goodtogo: I do not think the RE pipes will be available in Ti any time soon. You can email the owner directly and he will be more then happy to get you the details on weight, power output, and materials: don@rocketexhaust.com I LOVE my rocket exhaust, period.

Float: Have you considered contacting WB directly and ask them about some possible jetting changes for your carbon fiber pipe ? It is entirely possible that the pipe simply requires some jetting tweaks to get things back on track. I know my WB Pro series (lowboy Ti) pipe needed the main, the pilot, as well as the mixture all changed to get it to work correctly. Just a thought before you give up hope and 900 bucks worth of pipe !

Stormwire: You are right about jetting the WB pipe. The WB recommended jetting really helped my '04 & '05. I've been up and down the ladder with jetting on my '06 (with the WB pipe) and it simply does not want to run at high rpm as well as the stock pipe. The neat thing about the '06 is the width of the powerband. It pulls great from idle and screams on top end.

Why can't the pipe manufacturers have a day at the track where they let you test their pipes? I remember whining when 2 stroke pipe and silencers got to be over $200 for the set. The 4 stroke stuff started out at about $700 bucks! It's just too much money to be taking a chance on...

Titanium pipes are over rated and over priced...do u relize how little the weight savings are? almost nothing yet ur still shelling out hundreds more...i had the white bros aluminum pro..it was all Titanium w/an alumnium canister...when i got my rocket SS i acually thought the rocket was lighter....also its 300$ cheaper and put out more power

On my buddys 06 he has a Rocket exhaust soo....

Why can't the pipe manufacturers have a day at the track where they let you test their pipes? I remember whining when 2 stroke pipe and silencers got to be over $200 for the set. The 4 stroke stuff started out at about $700 bucks! It's just too much money to be taking a chance on...

That would be awesome ! :applause:

I thought that they do save a bit of weight. I know I have a complete Ti system from yosh for a 450 and it feels about the same weight of the stock muffler on my 250f. How much does the SS version of the pipe save over stock?

i have no idea i got rid of my stock pipe pretty quick...but comparing a full TI system to a stainless the was hardley any differnce in weight...

ur better off eating fruit/veggies instead of mcdonalds befor u ride..that will make up the differnce in weight haha

I just bolted up my 05 RMZ suzuki FMF factory 4 full system to my new 06, it hauls ass. i just have to fix the heinus bog off idle. more power everywhere.

Just moved our FMF Factory 4 and Power Bomb from our '05 to our '06. Huge improvement from stock, especially in mid and top-end. I don't have a dyno, but I think this pipe makes more of an improvement on the '06 than it did on the '05. :applause: