Sign in to follow this  

not sure which forum to put this in.. lol?

hey guys, i just got a video camera tonight, and i want to know what you guys think of it. I just got a sony mini dv handycam 12x optical zoom, model number dcr-hc42. im gonna mainly use it for riding.. is it a good quality camera, my dad said it was about 600 bucks or so. It seems real nice, i havent gotten to use it yet, but its got a still shot digital camera as well. I noticed a dvd that came in the box, and im pretty sure it was for a editing program, but my computer already has windows movie maker, so i think im gonna stick with that.. lol.

.. but ya, if anyone can let me know anything i should know about it that would be great..

oh ya, this may sound wierd, but if anyone has a video using the video camera, do you think maybe you could let me see it.

thanks, all input appreciated..

mike

i can't let you see it my girl will be very embarresed and annoyed:)

alright guys, this has to do with any video camera. well i just got home, so i decided to take my quad out, and had my brother video tape me. well when i zoom all the way in, or close to all the way in, the video quality gets kind of blurry, do i have to set the zoom or focus or something like that. if i dont zoom in a lot, the quality of the picture is veryyy good. other than that, i am very happy with the camera..

any help is appreciated.

mike

It's because A) the camera has switched to it's "digital zoom" which is a selling feature but means NOTHING.

Or :applause: you are out of the cameras focus range and that's as far as it will focus...to the point of where you aren't blurry anymore...it's really straight forward...just sounds complicated.

The HC-32 with 20X zoom and color view thingy is better, that's what I got...All you're missing is a little better PHOTO quality and widescreen....I got an HC 42 originally but it was defective and wouldn't charge.

is there anyway i can fix it?

thanks

mike

Stay in the cameras focal range.