KX 250 seized

Here is the story:

:applause: Me and my friend went riding yesterday and his bike fouled a plug, so no big deal he changed it and left it in his garage until this morning when we were gonna go riding again. well he started it up and let it warm up for a few mins and them cracked the throttle two times and then on the third it bogged down and died. then he tried to start it and kicked it four times and it didnt want to start so we checked the gas and the plug again and everything was good so he tried to kick it again but it wouldn't kick like if it was seized. after that he started freakin out checking if the gas was mixed, if there was gear oil, if the air filter was clean, and if there was fluid in the radiators; all was good so we have no clue what is going on with it does anyone have any suggestions anything would be helpful cause we have no clue ????? :bonk:

put it up on a stand,take the plug out and put it in gear and see if you can turn it over by spinning the real wheel.this will rule out between seizure and mechanical failure in gear box.if it is still locked pull the pipe and carb and take a look from both ends and see if he lost the intake skirt or seized the piston to cylinder.keep us posted with results.

Sounds like the needle bearing on the crank is gone but your going to have to split the cases.

put it up on a stand,take the plug out and put it in gear and see if you can turn it over by spinning the real wheel.this will rule out between seizure and mechanical failure in gear box.if it is still locked pull the pipe and carb and take a look from both ends and see if he lost the intake skirt or seized the piston to cylinder.keep us posted with results.

My friend tried this and said that the wheel wouldnt turn :applause:

he took it to the shop and said he told the people to tell him what was wrong with it before they started working on it so we can possibly fix it

he could have saved some money by doing the problem solving himself.post or pm again if you have more questions.

what year KX is it?

its a 2000

My friend got a call from the guys from the shop yesterday and they say it was the cylender and the crank and that it is gonna cost $1700 to get it fixed :bonk: So he is gonna take it to someone else to see if it can be done cheaper.....way cheaper. and hopefully he will be able to get it done cheaper cause he wont be able to get his money back when he sells it and he can buy a good bike for a little more than a grand plus that $1700 :applause:

For $1700, you can almost buy another KX250. I sold my 01Kx250 for $2500 a few years back. I think I would just sell what I could on the ruined 250, and take that money and the $1700, look for another 250.

For $1700, you can almost buy another KX250. I sold my 01Kx250 for $2500 a few years back. I think I would just sell what I could on the ruined 250, and take that money and the $1700, look for another 250.

I pretty sure that is what he is gonna do. he said that the guy he is gonna take it to next is a friend and he will do all of the labor for free so it will be alot cheaper but he doesnt know what exact parts he is gonna need :applause: