Sign in to follow this  

High Maintnence

I heard the crf250x is high maintnence. Is this true? And if it is, what do you need to do, and how often?

I have a 2004 Crf 250 X and it runs perfectly and i change the oil every abour 200 km and the air filter is cleaned about every 500 km and it works perfectly just follow the offroad maintenace schedule in the 250x handbook it will keep your bike running perfectly

well its a high performance bike you have to deal with the mantience to have the power..unless you dont want the power then you may want to go with a crf230 which is low manitence

well its a high performance bike you have to deal with the mantience to have the power..unless you dont want the power then you may want to go with a crf230 which is low manitence

Or.....you could go with a CR250R 2 stroke. That way you would have a lot more power and a lot less maintenance. Best of both worlds. :applause:

Or.....you could go with a CR250R 2 stroke. That way you would have a lot more power and a lot less maintenance. Best of both worlds. :bonk:

Not the best woods bike for the average rider. Maybee you should be giving advise in the ktm forum instead. :applause:

and it is red sticker (I live in california). Plus, I just got a CRF250X, so there is no point in going out and getting a new bike.

hey man, im a basic matnace guy. this is all you need to do. oil every 100 miles( honda's GN4), new filter every 200 miles, clean air filter when the pours start to get clogged, oil the filter (spray on application works best), check the valves (or take to the dealer, they check everything) every 400 miles. the crf250x will treat u as u treat it. ride it hard an matnace it and she will be happy.

Being a 250X n00b I shouldn't be offering an opinion but...

I think if you desire ANY top level, high tech, super lightweight 4-stoke off-road or MX bike, you’re going to have to deal with maintenance & repair. These things are pure race bikes & need to be maintained as such.

If you’re looking for a bulletproof, low maintenance bike, look at the Honda XR series, Yamaha TTR’s, etc. These are closer to play bikes & are low-tech. Low-tech = bulletproof. Low-tech also equals lots of weight, average to poor suspension and average power.

Just my .02 cents

okay, you must not of read my post above yours, I already have an '05 250X, and plus, I think it is worth it in contrast to one of those XR's :applause: