Sign in to follow this  

DRZ-S owner with straight risers...

Want Big DR Risers and have the S model, and wondered if anyone that does not have the up and forward risers could comment on difference it made standing while trail riding.

I was thinking of just getting the 1.5" straight riser.

I wanted the Big Dr's also, but didn't want to wait for them.

I ended up with Tag adapters for 1 1/8" bars that are a little more than 1" tall. Renthal Fat Bars with Carmicheal bend.

Huge difference! I'm 6'4, and had to hunch over to stand up. Now I can ride straight upright, and it's way more comfortable while sitting.

The Big Dr's would probably be even better yet, but I haven't regretted not getting them.

Didn't have to mess with the speedo either. :applause:

I have the Dirtly 1" straight risers, they made a huge difference. With the 1 inch raise I was able to move my bars more forward then before. The instrument cluster got in the way before. I recommend them bigtime :applause:

www.dirtly.com

Page 2 shows the risers. If you contact Beirdo and let him know what bike you have he'll bend over backwards to help you :bonk:

I just installed Tag risers and T2 bars on my DRZ. CRhi bend on the bars. I got about 3/4 in. higher from the risers. The fatter bars look great and feel much better with the additional height.

Want Big DR Risers and have the S model, and wondered if anyone that does not have the up and forward risers could comment on difference it made standing while trail riding.

I was thinking of just getting the 1.5" straight riser.

You don't always get what you ask for around here, do ya?! :applause:

I asked Big DR why the "up and forward" and he explained that if you go straight up, you're really going "up and back (towards the rider)" due to the angle of the triple tree. So the "forward" is really compensating for that and putting the bars closer to their original position along the bike's front-to-back axis.

With the up and forward, you need to use the spacers he provides to move your speedo out from the frame a bit. The speedo is easy to remove (and, I assume, put back on), so that shouldn't deter you from doing the up and forward.

OK, Big Dr. Here's what I want.

I want to be able to use my black Tag universal adapters just because I already spent a lot of money on them and I like the way they look.

So....if I bought your 7/8" to 7/8" up and forward 1 1/2" risers (do you make these?), could I put my Tag adapters on top of that?

Are there any problems with cables being long enough with the up and forward risers. What does 85 canada convert to us $???